Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart/Sam now accepts CareCredit

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Walmart/Sam now accepts CareCredit

Walmart/Sam's now accepts care credit.. What I find interseting about this at least on the part of walmart is they(sync) recently lost the contract to Cap1, yet Sync got back into Walmart through Carecredit...  Anyways for those looking for other places to use it on occassion

Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 10.15.09 AM.png

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Walmart/Sam now accepts CareCredit

I'm not sure I understand the logic in this. CareCredit is marketed as the healthcare credit option, is it not? I have read a few instances of it being used on tires. As maintenence, that's a bit of a stretch from "care" but plausible. I just don't see it as a general "superstore" option unless they limit what you buy.

Message 2 of 22
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

It can be used at rite aide last I heard along with bowflex, but ya now this... Assume just so people if they dont have dental/cosmetic or dog type stuff a way to spend, but certainly better cards out there for this.  To keep account active?  Shrug

Message 3 of 22
Cherekas
Frequent Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Walmart/Sam's now accepts care credit.. What I find interseting about this at least on the part of walmart is they(sync) recently lost the contract to Cap1, yet Sync got back into Walmart through Carecredit...  Anyways for those looking for other places to use it on occassion

This is actually quite interesting, lol. I researched it on Care credit and it is surely there. Does it list any restrictions? It doesn't show any on the website. 

Score: F8 EQ 609, EX 597, TU 614 (1/17) Current Score: F8 EQ 701, EX 714, TU 689 (12/18)

Goal Score: 700+ across all 3--Gardening until May 2019
USAA Amex-USAA Rate Advantage VS- Amex Gold- Amex Delta Blue- Macys- NYC CC- Victoria's Secret- Cap 1 QS- NFCU CR- Care Credit- Firestone- Sams Club CC- Best Buy Visa- Paypal 2% MC

Total CL $96,300
Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:
  • It can be used at rite aide last I heard along with bowflex, but ya now this... Assume just so people if they dont have dental/cosmetic or dog type stuff a way to spend, but certainly better cards out there for this.  To keep account active?  Shrug

This! Will definitely help those trying to keep account active. Thanks for sharing! 

Message 5 of 22
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Cherekas wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

This is actually quite interesting, lol. I researched it on Care credit and it is surely there. Does it list any restrictions? It doesn't show any on the website. 

Actually good catch and re--read email.. Seems like PITA actually as only certain things qualify..

When checking out at the store or club, use your CareCredit credit card first.

Qualified health, wellness and personal care items will be charged to your card.

Any remaining items can be purchased using another payment method.
Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is actually quite good news for me, since I haven't had a Rite Aid in my town since March when they merged with Walgreen's (actually, does Walgreen's take Rite Aid)? There are still a number of Rite Aid-brand stores in my region but they're too far away to just run down there. I wonder what exactly it means, though, by "qualified health, wellness and personal beauty items".

Message 7 of 22
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

This is actually quite good news for me, since I haven't had a Rite Aid in my town since March when they merged with Walgreen's (actually, does Walgreen's take Rite Aid)? There are still a number of Rite Aid-brand stores in my region but they're too far away to just run down there. I wonder what exactly it means, though, by "qualified health, wellness and personal beauty items".

Means no 12 packs and the like lol..  Coded items such as aspirins, etc. is my guess and quite possibly part of the agreement with Cap1 that they allowed Sync card to do a some items such as say prescriptions or eyeglasses 

Message 8 of 22
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Thanks for sharing @CreditCuriosity.  Even if spend is limits to specific items, it's still easier to spend at Walmart than to try to find a place to purchase something just to keep the account active.  I still have my CareCredit account and every 5 months or so I have to stop by my eye doctor and purchase some overpriced Blink Tears eyedrops just to keep my account active.  

It's not that I don't use the eyedrops on a regular basis...it's that I have to go out of my way to purchase it there, it's more expensive at the office, they always have to key the purchase via some website, and their office isn't even remotely close to my daily route.

This is a win for all of us who don't have a Rite Aid in our backyard and want to keep our CareCredit account active.

ETA:  Also noticed that you can pay for your Sam's Club membership fee with the card.  So another way to keep the card active if you're a Sam's Club member. 

Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@Cherekas

Actually good catch and re--read email.. Seems like PITA actually as only certain things qualify..

When checking out at the store or club, use your CareCredit credit card first.

Qualified health, wellness and personal care items will be charged to your card.

Any remaining items can be purchased using another payment method.

These "qualified items" are just what I was scratching my head about, and now it makes a bit more sense. You can't just go into your local Walmart and buy a bag of doritos with a can of coke on this LOC. Sounds a bit like a HS(pending)A on credit.

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.