Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Store/MC

tag
bldmt
Regular Contributor

Walmart Store/MC

When logging into my Walmart account this morning a screen came up asking which account I wanted to log into. There was my current store card account on top with the last 4 of the account number and below that was a Master Card account number with the last 4 of that account. Am I being upgraded?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Walmart Store/MC

There was a thread by pizza somewhere where she (and several thousand other cardholders) were up for upgrade.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 7
bldmt
Regular Contributor

Thanks, What is wierd is that I haven't heard a peep from them about it. It just appeared, what is odd is that they are showing both cards. I could not look at the MC account as they wanted the 3 digit security code which I don't have.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Had the same thing happen to me yesterday. When i called Synchrony they told me that my welcome kit would go out between 10/29 - 11/6 (I was offered the upgrade 2 months ago and accepted it) I was told that when I receive the welcome kit I will be able to activate the mc, thus closing the store card. so, if you received the split screen then yes, you are being offered the upgrade. If you dont want it I would call them and let them know. Hope that helps.

Gregg

P.S. also asked as to what my mc credit line would be...the manager toldme that it would be at least what I have with the store card, but probably higher since it is an upgrade. Well, we will see Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 7
DantGwyrdd
Frequent Contributor

@bldmt wrote:

Thanks, What is wierd is that I haven't heard a peep from them about it. It just appeared, what is odd is that they are showing both cards. I could not look at the MC account as they wanted the 3 digit security code which I don't have.

Is it possible you missed the mailer? I (and a bunch of other people) had an offer to upgrade that (only) came in the mail and it was an automatic upgrade to MC unless I call in and decline.

Message 5 of 7
bldmt
Regular Contributor

I actually have been paying attention to the mail as I had seen in posts that people were getting the mailer and was curious to see if I was going to get one. Maybe it will be there when I get home today. I'm anxious to see what is going to happen to account age, and CL. Has anyone as yet accepted and received the new card yet during this wave of upgrade offers?   

Message 6 of 7
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I wonder what the criiteria is for this? I wouldn't mind being convertered to it.

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.