Walmart cc or Jcpenney

tag
Unoriginalnj
Regular Contributor

Re: Walmart cc or Jcpenney

Bank of America au: $14k limit with $5k balance
Citi au: $10k limit with $3k balance
Macys au with $2k limit and $300 balance

Have my own capital one platinum with $300 limit and $170 balance.
Message 11 of 14
HappySoda
Valued Member

How many inquiries do you have on your report? Anything new reporting? If those AU's have been on your report for a while and you have nothing new reporting (a brand new collection as an example), then I'd say you have a 50/50 chance with Walmart or JCpenney or anything else from GE (banana republic, chevron, etc.).

I'd say give it a shot as long as you don't have like 10 inquiries. Have you tried to see if you got a pre-approval from Comenity via the shopping card trick?

Message 12 of 14
Unoriginalnj
Regular Contributor

I'm opted out so the shopping cart trick is a no go.
I have about 3-5 inquiries from over 12 months ago depending on which bureau you look at.
Message 13 of 14
HappySoda
Valued Member

Roll the dice if you want. I was in the same position as you about 5 months ago. I app'd for about 4 different so called easy cards and was turned down for all due to a few collections. You may have better luck than me. The easiest cards to get are:

Walmart

JcPenney

Macy's

Express

You could try your luck with one of those if you want to roll the dice. You never know what could happen. Hopefully those collections are older. If they are, you may have a fighting chance but I wouldn't guarantee anything. I actually app'd for all 4 of those 6 months ago and was declined because of some 5 year old collections.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.