Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to apply for Chase Sapphire

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Want to apply for Chase Sapphire

I want to apply for Chase Sapphire, but I have about 15 inquires from trying to get a mortgage loan.   4 inquires from Best Buy and Pacific from almost a year ago when I thought it was going to be a soft inquiry in trying to get my limit raised.  I asked to raise limits 2x on both accounts.   I have also been trying to refinance a house and buying a new home, so the people I've used to get these loans have pulled credit a few times in the last 6 months.  2 inquires will fall off this October or November.

I also have savings accounts with Chase in the amounts of about $40,000 and business accounts in the amount of $25,000.   Will they consider the amount of money you have with them?   All my checking accounts are with them so I thought it would be convenient to have a credit card through them.   My credit scores have gone done since all these inquiries.   

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Re: Want to apply for Chase Sapphire

@Anonymous wrote:

I want to apply for Chase Sapphire, but I have about 15 inquires from trying to get a mortgage loan.   4 inquires from Best Buy and Pacific from almost a year ago when I thought it was going to be a soft inquiry in trying to get my limit raised.  I asked to raise limits 2x on both accounts.   I have also been trying to refinance a house and buying a new home, so the people I've used to get these loans have pulled credit a few times in the last 6 months.  2 inquires will fall off this October or November.

I also have savings accounts with Chase in the amounts of about $40,000 and business accounts in the amount of $25,000.   Will they consider the amount of money you have with them?   All my checking accounts are with them so I thought it would be convenient to have a credit card through them.   My credit scores have gone done since all these inquiries.   

What does the rest of your credit report look like as far as scores any bad accounts etc? 

Message 2 of 3
sjt
Senior Contributor

Re: Want to apply for Chase Sapphire

@Anonymous wrote:

Check the Chase my offer or pre qual site. Also, you can go into a branch and see if there are any pre approval offers.

yes, account relationships do count with Chase.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.