cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to apply for Zync tonight! Convince me otherwise...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Want to apply for Zync tonight! Convince me otherwise...

I was denied for a BCE on 4/18/12 because I'm an idiot, and was under the impression that you apply for a harder card, get denied, and then use the same pull for a lesser card. I was denied because my Experian Fico was too low. Basically I was an AU on a high util card, and it for some reason didn't fall off my Experian report last month. I can't say for sure if it actually fell off this month, but someone at Experian told me it would...

I only have 1 card that I got last month with a $500 CL. Should I pull my Experian? I really don't want to have to pay $18 for it...

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Re: Want to apply for Zync tonight! Convince me otherwise...

Did you pull a EX report recently? You should still be able to use that same report number to check it out again...usually good for 90 days.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@injustifiiable wrote:

Did you pull a EX report recently? You should still be able to use that same report number to check it out again...usually good for 90 days.

Good idea... I just checked it, and it is still on there. Last reported 04/2012.

I'm actually ready to rage right now. This will be the 4th time in 6 months I will be calling about getting this card removed from the report. It's honestly asinine. I'm not even on the damn card.

Everytime I call AMEX, it's the same story "uhh you are no longer on the account, you should be off next month.". Bunch of tools.

Message 3 of 23
CreditMuppet
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was denied for a BCE on 4/18/12 because I'm an idiot, and was under the impression that you apply for a harder card, get denied, and then use the same pull for a lesser card. I was denied because my Experian Fico was too low. Basically I was an AU on a high util card, and it for some reason didn't fall off my Experian report last month. I can't say for sure if it actually fell off this month, but someone at Experian told me it would...

I only have 1 card that I got last month with a $500 CL. Should I pull my Experian? I really don't want to have to pay $18 for it...

You will probably find that any further app will result in a cancellation, think you will have to wait 30 days.

Starting Score: 770
Current Score: 765 (EX) 763 (EQ) 756 (TU)

Auto Enhanced: 788 (EX)
Goal Score: 800
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMuppet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You will probably find that any further app will result in a cancellation, think you will have to wait 30 days.

It's been 30 days, but I'm not apping now that the damn card is still reporting. SO MAD, but glad injustifiiable saved me from wasting a hard pull...

Message 5 of 23
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Dispute that account online.  I find that AU cards can stick on your credit report, but if you are no longer AU and dispute as not mine, it makes it fall off.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Crashem wrote:

Dispute that account online.  I find that AU cards can stick on your credit report, but if you are no longer AU and dispute as not mine, it makes it fall off.

What should I give as the reason? Account closed or belongs to primary account holder? 

Pretty sure it should be account closed.

Message 7 of 23
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

@injustifiiable wrote:

I was under the impression that you had access to that single report for 90 days i.e. it does not update information unless you buy a new report

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 8 of 23
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

The one you buy will not change.  You can buy another one the next day, that may have updated info on it, but the one you bought the day before will remain the same no matter when you check it during those 3 months.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 9 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Repo-ed wrote:

The one you buy will not change.  You can buy another one the next day, that may have updated info on it, but the one you bought the day before will remain the same no matter when you check it during those 3 months.

So are you saying even though it says it was updated yesterday that it really wasn't?

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.