Did you mean: 

Warning: Orchard Bank Preapproval a Hard Pull

tag
readyfireaim
New Contributor

Re: Warning: Orchard Bank Preapproval a Hard Pull

@readyfireaim wrote:

@Poorfico24 wrote:

I called Orchard/Capitol One  and the supervisor said I have to faxed the information of what happened to the Credit Ratings Dept. The lady verified I never submitted an application fully (only did the prescreen) and I am not even in their system so I should not have had a hard pull. I plan on faxing a letter in the morning. If anyone needs the fax number, let me know. 

Did anyone who disputed the inquiry - have it deleted yet? If that's the faster route I might just do that tonight.

I haven't had it deleted yet. So far I just got an email from EQ acknowledging that the dispute was received.

JUST GOT THIS FROM EQUIFAX

>>> We have reviewed the inquiry information. The results are: Inquiries are a factual record of file access. If
you believe this was unauthorized, please contact the creditor. If you have additional questions about this item please
contact: Capital One/Hsbc, PO Box 5253, Carol Stream IL 60197-5253 Phone: (800) 695-6950

I recently had a PFD that was deleted by EX & TU, but not EQ. I called EQ and did a 'dispute by phone' and the collection account was deleted in less than 3 days. I'm going to try that again later today.

Starting Scores: EQ 697 (4/3/12) / TU 683 (4/3/12) / EX FICO 643 (3/16/12)
Current Scores: EX FICO 751 (7/25/12 Bellco CU) / EQ 735 (8/1/12) / TU 734 (8/1/12) /
Baddies: One 30 Day Late - Installment Loan (10/2011)
Cards:Costco AMEX $19500, Bellco Platinum Visa $10000, Discover More $9000, Chase Southwest Premier $5000, Delta Gold AMEX $2000, Merrick Bank Visa $1850, Orchard Bank Secured $500, ZYNC
Goal Score: 760+
Message 31 of 41
Poorfico24
New Contributor

I got the same dispute result from EQ. I called them and they pretty much said there is nothing they can do that I have to deal with Cap1/HSBC. Cslled Cap1H/SBC sgain and got the annoying customer service run around and hang ups. Spoke to two supervisors who both said that I should not have an inquiry but that they didn't know what to do, so I faxed all the documents and my credit report to the credit ratings dept. Hopefully, that does something. So, frustrating!

Message 32 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the same results from the Equifax investigation, they aren't going to remove it. So I called the numbers listed on the CR again and spoke to supervisors who stated that they will conduct their internal investigation and remove the inquiries from my account. They stated that I would be notified via mail within 14 days.

I first spoke with a sup at Best Buy/HSBC/Capital One and he was very nice and immediately initiated the investigation on his end. After that call, I called the Orchard/HSBC/Capital One number and the sup there was not as pleasant. After 15 minutes of holding, she was able to contact the sup who left the notes in my Best Buy account and follow his lead and start an investigation to remove that inquiry as well.

During these phone calls, no one mentioned faxing anything, nor did they acknowledge receipt of the original fax I sent the other day. They initiated investigations to remove/reverse the inquiry on their end internally with their credit department.

I am going to call Equifax again tomorrow and ask them to re-investigate so that they can work right along with HSBC/Best Buy/ Orchard to resolve this issue. This is absolutely maddening!

I will post updates as they happen.Smiley Wink

Message 33 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another phone call this morning to Equifax, and they flat out said that they are not able to remove or reverse inquiries and that I would have to dispute it with the creditor who placed it on the report.

They can not and will not do anything.

I was offered the option to place a freeze/lock on my credit report, which to me would serve no purpose right now because the damage has already been done. In the meantime my credit score takes a 6 point nose dive and this gardening that I have been doing for these past 5 months is all for nothing as far as my Equifax goes.

This is ridiculous. My journey continues. I will bug the heck out of these people until it is removed. Oh thee agony!Smiley Sad

Message 34 of 41
JenniferinFL
Frequent Contributor

I got one too.. I was wondering why I had an HSBC inquiry, but, this explains it. I hate Orchard Bank, but figured I'd check and see what I was preapproved for and since it was just a secured card with an annual fee I didn't go any further.

That was enough motivation for me to freeze my reports. I froze Equifax and Transunion but left Experian alone since it didn't have many inquiries anyways and I plan to try for Amex in November. I may freeze that one too since I find myself searching for lenders that only pull Experian.. lol..  Kinda counterproductive to gardening.

Edited to add: I feel bad for anyone who only had a couple inquiries and then got this stupid HSBC inquiry without even really applying for a card. I'm not going to fight mine though since I have enough inquiries all clustered up in the last month or so to make me a veritable leper anyways. I really should just freeze Experian too.. 

Current Cards: Cap 1 Journey $3000, Cap 1 Playstation $2250, WFNNB Store Cards $2450 combined, Target $700, CareCredit $1700, Barclay Rewards Plat. Mastercard $1800, Old Navy $300, DCU Platinum Rewards Visa $2000, Swagbucks Rewards Visa $1000

Starting Score: 615 EQ (03-15-2012) 600 TU (03-21-2012 Barclays app) ) Ch.7 discharged 5/2009

Current Score: 671 EQ (09-27-2014 DCU) 660 TU (9/26/14 Barclays) Ex 688 (10/07/2014 Swagbucks)

Gardening since 9/22/2014

Message 35 of 41
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Playing something of devils advocate:  folks would be much better served at finding some other sort of self-validation rather than credit approvals; this is no different and it's an added expense, no matter how trivial, for lenders to have to generate the pre-approval information... which in turn gets passed along to the rest of us.

Back to my own opinion: I don't have any problem with it's being a HP, with the *glaring* exception that it's still effectively published that it is not.  It's really only users in this and a few other niche communities which are affected by this... and we're way out there on the population distribution with our habits.

        
Message 36 of 41
gallifrey
Valued Member

Way out there in the population distribution made me laugh. They need to correct their website
Message 37 of 41
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

Just disputed it with equifax and faxed them a copy of page that says it will not affect your score. See as of today they moved it to the soft inquiry category and I got 6 points back.

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 38 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Inquiries Removed! Smiley Happy
Equifax wasn't helpful at all. The call to HSBC apparently did the trick because I checked my CR and as of today, they're gone. I got 7 points back on my Equifax report.

So glad that is over. I am NOT a fan of HSBC/Capital One, but I appreciate their prompt assistance in removing the inquiries!
Message 39 of 41
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

luvandlife wrote:
Inquiries Removed! Smiley Happy
Equifax wasn't helpful at all. The call to HSBC apparently did the trick because I checked my CR and as of today, they're gone. I got 7 points back on my Equifax report.

So glad that is over. I am NOT a fan of HSBC/Capital One, but I appreciate their prompt assistance in removing the inquiries!

Yay! same here. and i didn't have to do anything! i knew you folks would do all the work and that is why i started this thread! thank you all that put in the hard work to help me get my inquiries converted to soft pulls!

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 40 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.