Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wayfair Genesis Credit

tag
Yankee85
Established Member

Wayfair Genesis Credit

I've had this account since last year for a purchase from Wayfair. I paid it off  in a few months due to the high interest rate, so it's been at a 0 balance for a while now. It only has a 2K limit so I called to inquire about a CLI, either auto or by request and was told they don't offer either. I don't have any use for this account so I don't necessarily need to keep around.

If I call and have it closed would there be any negative impact on my CR? I don't want to risk a dip in my scores right now, currently in the garden. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Wayfair Genesis Credit

No and yes 

No change in aging metrics, closed accounts are included as long as they are on your report, open or closed. 

No immediate effect on Fico scores unless utilization is affected. There might be a change if it affects two other scoring metrics, number of accounts with balances (depending on how many open accounts you have and how many have balances) and number of revolving accounts with balances 

Those changes are temporary and relatively low scoring loss (if it happens), so no need to worry about your CR. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.