cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird thing about credit card closing dates.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Weird thing about credit card closing dates.

I have my CCs closing dates set to the first of the month, so all activty expected what posts on the first is from the same calander month

This Month the date was the second, So I call one of my cards to see whats , The Rep said thst he didn't know why, but that's just how the system is, and it happens twice a year, ever september and december, and wouldn't you know whaat my other credit card did the same thing.

So apprently it's a standard thing, any ideas why this happens and what possiable purpose it serves?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Weird thing about credit card closing dates.

Ok you're one of those folks that try to figure out the relatinship between all the numbers in a phn number aren't you?Smiley Very Happy

Just kidding.  just a way to say I HAVE NO IDEA!!!
Message 2 of 4
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Would the fact that September 1st was a Saturday followed by a Bank Holiday have anything to do with it?
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

MidnightVoice wrote:
Would the fact that September 1st was a Saturday followed by a Bank Holiday have anything to do with it?

Maybe this year but labor day is different every year.  I thought the op statement meant it happens every year in these two months.

That being the case, yes with 12/31 being new years day and all

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.