Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Propel Amex

tag
pete19103
New Contributor

Wells Fargo Propel Amex

I am thinking of applying for the Wells Fargo Propel AmEx; would the Propel count toward the 5 card limit that AmEx has?  And would the Propel CL count toward the AmEx $35,000 total CL threshold for a financial review?     

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Mv350
Valued Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Propel Amex

As far as I know it only uses the Amex network, and anything else considered, it is a Wells Fargo account/card so it shouldn't count towards an Amex card/limits

Message 2 of 6
Remedios
Credit Mentor

No, it wouldn't count for the reason @Mv350 listed.

With that said 5 revolvers are not the limit

Some cannot get second one approved, some have 10 or more

$35,000.00 is not a threshold for FR. Income verification can start happening around there if customers start asking for too much, but with smaller, gradual increases,  limit can go higher than that.

FR is something else. 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope, its a Wells card, not an Amex card, except that its on the Amex network. It's like a Capital One Visa not being a Chase Visa.

Go for it. The card somewhat exceeded my expectations.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got this card and I'm pretty impressed with the rewards for $0 annual fee.  I actually got the card to replace my Uber card for cell phone insurance.   Since the Uber card is changing to Uber credits it is not as good for me.  I use Lyft more than Uber. 

Message 5 of 6
LakeLife
Established Contributor

The Propel has become front and center of my credit activity for dining and gas.  Cashing out their rewards has been painless as well.  I love it.  

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.