Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Secured Credit Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wells Fargo Secured Credit Card

Hello everyone, 

I recently opened a WF Secured CC with a $300 credit line. Today I checked my eq credit report and it says "secured credit card." It was my understanding that the secured cards would be shown as regular credit cards. So my question is: Does it really make a difference if it says "secured" or not? and Does anyone know how I add more money to increase my credit line? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
tburns
Regular Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Secured Credit Card

As far as reporting and payment history it really doesn't make a difference. Some people say it might be a problem on a manual review though.

I've had my WF Secured card for 9 months now and even had 2 manual reviews of my CR and was approved for both of them so it didn't hurt me that it said secured on the comment.

I've increased my CL by emailing them for from the members site asking how to increase it. They sent me a letter I filled out with how much of a CL I want and funding information and about 2 months later it showed up on my account.

Might get a faster response with a phone call or visiting a branch though.

Message 2 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Ditto. There's no difference per FICO scoring. I've also had secured products in the past, and reported like that, and never had any issues. Grant it I only went through a couple of intense reviews (mortgage and a loan), but nobody said anything. If anything, I claimed the security as an asset.

Message 3 of 4
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello everyone, 

I recently opened a WF Secured CC with a $300 credit line. Today I checked my eq credit report and it says "secured credit card." It was my understanding that the secured cards would be shown as regular credit cards. So my question is: Does it really make a difference if it says "secured" or not? and Does anyone know how I add more money to increase my credit line? 

Only some say "secured" on the CR.   IMO, I don't think it makes any difference.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.