Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What card/how to use at Starbucks

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What card/how to use at Starbucks

My Savor One coded dining lol, so 3%. Paid via app in-store, didn't upload to Starbucks card.

Gonna try Disco It CB(dining 5%) but wonder if I should just pay for it with a physical card, or like today via app, or reload starbucks card with it(also via app)

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: What card/how to use at Starbucks

You can earn 2 Stars per $1 if spent when you pay with a preloaded Starbucks Card instead of 1 star. Add funds to your account with your Disco in the SB app.

https://www.starbucks.com/rewards 

https://www.starbucks.com/rewards#waystopay 

Message 2 of 33
blossom_rebuilding
Regular Contributor

I use the Altitude Go to reload the Starbucks card in the app. Occasionally Starbucks pops up with special cashback offers with other cards (like my PNC debit and Chase Explorer), so I might also use them as one-offs.

Message 3 of 33
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

I use the target red card at the starbucks inside target, 5 pct off at register

You can only get the red card discount at a starbucks inside a target store not any starbucks,

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 4 of 33
lanemeyer
Established Member

You do get the 3% if you load your Starbucks card with Savor, my wife does it all the time.  That way you get the 2 stars vs the 1 using the Savor from the app.  Discover also codes Starbucks (or Dunkin) as a Restaurant if you reload your cards with the Discover.

Message 5 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lanemeyer wrote:

You do get the 3% if you load your Starbucks card with Savor, my wife does it all the time.  That way you get the 2 stars vs the 1 using the Savor from the app.  Discover also codes Starbucks (or Dunkin) as a Restaurant if you reload your cards with the Discover.

Thx! SB as restaurant, who knew lol. I'm firmly Mcdonald's McCafe(per rewards on app, for example large coffee $1), but will try exotic ones at times like Steamed apple juice yesterday which cost about $2.55 for SMALL size lol, 'tis robbery!

Message 6 of 33
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@lanemeyer wrote:

Thx! SB as restaurant, who knew lol. I'm firmly Mcdonald's McCafe(per rewards on app, for example large coffee $1), but will try exotic ones at times like Steamed apple juice yesterday which cost about $2.55 for SMALL size lol, 'tis robbery!

@Anonymous When I had Covid for the 3rd time in 3 yrs 3 weeks ago. All 3's Smiley Happy I crave certain foods when sick. Went to Wendys, 2 plain singles, Lg Fries and Frostie. $17.83. Excuse me? Wut!!!!!! Glad I'm not sick anymore. Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FireMedic1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@lanemeyer wrote:

@Anonymous When I had Covid for the 3rd time in 3 yrs 3 weeks ago. All 3's Smiley Happy I crave certain foods when sick. Went to Wendys, 2 plain singles, Lg Fries and Frostie. $17.83. Excuse me? Wut!!!!!! Glad I'm not sick anymore. Smiley Very Happy

3 times?! Jesus. I luv Wendy's chili bowl and chived? potato Smiley LOL

Message 8 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

So charged $10 using Disco to SB card and just used it, and up pops Visa on my phone lol. I swear I saw a post here about the card discontinuing but it seems it won't close any time soon? Or am I tricked lol.

Didn't app of course and why is Disco slow, pending items a lot, wanna confirm it's restaurant lol. C1 was fast enough

Message 9 of 33
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I use all my SockDrawer cards with Starbucks.  Yeah, I may not get rewards but it puts small activity on my SD cards and I don't even have to leave the house to get the regular activity on them...just add to your phone, charge then remove and move on to the next one...

Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.