Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What causes a F/R with AMEX?

tag
DI
Super Contributor

What causes a F/R with AMEX?

If a member pays their balances in full monthly and never miss a payment, will that member ever get an FR request? 

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Re: What causes a F/R with AMEX?

I would not worry about it.

Others may not agree but as long as you pay them in full - they are happy....

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 2 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

What happen DI?     I've never had FR with any of banks and cccs by always PIF on time.   Are you concerning about getting a FR?

Message 3 of 37
score_building
Senior Contributor

PIF customer may receive F/R with Amex. 

Not many reports of F/Rs these days FWIW.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 4 of 37
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What happen DI?     I've never had FR with any of banks and cccs by always PIF on time.   Are you concerning about getting a FR?

Nothing happened.  I was just asking after reading about someone getting FRd. 

Message 5 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@score_building wrote:

PIF customer may receive F/R with Amex. 

Not many reports of F/Rs these days FWIW.

Really ...  it's good to know.   Thanks!

Message 6 of 37
tengtengvn
Frequent Contributor

I was a PIF customer before but still got PR. Whatever, I cancelled the card because the Amex Green wasn't worth it anyway.

But with the Blue Cash Preferred, it's a different story. I'll try to keep it regardless.

What's in your wallet?
-Not Capital One.
Message 7 of 37
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

As my grandmother used to say, "Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you".  If you stay good with AMEX they should not bother you unless something drastic pops up in your CR like missed payments, judgements, etc. that tweaks their internal modelling.  It's not something I would worry about if I was PIF each month.

Message 8 of 37
mross1080
Established Contributor

I always PIF and was still FR'd by them a while back and came out clear. About 2 weeks ago I got a call from them saying that they wanted a payment right away. I have 3 cards with them and run about 5k through them a month. The card that was due first a week and a half away I paid that morning. The card that the women was calling about was 2 weeks away from being due. I was told that my charging was to high ( It was actually lower than normal) and that a payment was required right away. I asked when the due date was and she told me they moved it to today. At that point I laughed at her and told her I never even paid close to the due date always at least a week early. She told me it didnt matter and that she had to take a payment over the phone immediately. I kindly told her that all my payments to cc's and bills comes out of 1 account and that I make 1 transfer to that account a week to cover the weeks bills and I never pay anything out of my direct deposit account or savings (there through another bank) for security reasons and that I just transfered over for the week and am not going to be inconvienced by them being tempermental. I was then told she was putting all my accounts on hold till I made a payment since it was due immediately for which I told her there was no need to put it on hold to just close all my accounts. At this point she was actually a lot nicer and put me on hold she came back and said it would be ok for me to pay the next week when I planned (which I was doing anyway). EIther way Ive decided to stop using amex for almost everything. Im using it for gas only now. Im not going to give business to a company thats going to call and demand payment at will. I totally understand them looking out for themselves and that there a business and not a charity but if your going to call a customer that runs a lot of money through there cards a month and has never been late than I have no need for that. I say dont worry about being FR'd if its going to happen theres nothing you can do to prevent it. Just always carry a backup card with you.

Message 9 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mross1080 wrote:

I always PIF and was still FR'd by them a while back and came out clear. About 2 weeks ago I got a call from them saying that they wanted a payment right away. I have 3 cards with them and run about 5k through them a month. The card that was due first a week and a half away I paid that morning. The card that the women was calling about was 2 weeks away from being due. I was told that my charging was to high ( It was actually lower than normal) and that a payment was required right away. I asked when the due date was and she told me they moved it to today. At that point I laughed at her and told her I never even paid close to the due date always at least a week early. She told me it didnt matter and that she had to take a payment over the phone immediately. I kindly told her that all my payments to cc's and bills comes out of 1 account and that I make 1 transfer to that account a week to cover the weeks bills and I never pay anything out of my direct deposit account or savings (there through another bank) for security reasons and that I just transfered over for the week and am not going to be inconvienced by them being tempermental. I was then told she was putting all my accounts on hold till I made a payment since it was due immediately for which I told her there was no need to put it on hold to just close all my accounts. At this point she was actually a lot nicer and put me on hold she came back and said it would be ok for me to pay the next week when I planned (which I was doing anyway). EIther way Ive decided to stop using amex for almost everything. Im using it for gas only now. Im not going to give business to a company thats going to call and demand payment at will. I totally understand them looking out for themselves and that there a business and not a charity but if your going to call a customer that runs a lot of money through there cards a month and has never been late than I have no need for that. I say dont worry about being FR'd if its going to happen theres nothing you can do to prevent it. Just always carry a backup card with you.

Wow.  I've never heard of this happening.  This ever happen to anyone else?

Message 10 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.