Did you mean: 

What is bad about Capital One?

tag
Hcontreras
Frequent Contributor

Re: What is bad about Capital One?

@fot1 wrote:

@juggalo9er wrote:

regarding the terms of not growing i believe thats a per person basis. i started with their secured card out of chapter 7 and kept it for around a year, it helped to raise my score around 100 points. right around month 11 i apped for their platinum mastercard and was approved with a $500 limit. To date (9 months or so) i have had 1.5 cash back added to this card, lower interest rate, 4x total cli's, and the af completely removed. i do not believe its that they do not want to grow with you, i believe its more that you have to talk to the right people to make their cards right for you! For the record their cli request is good for one thing, if gives you a credit score for free!

But can you say the orginal card grew with you?.. Plus your Cap 1 is at $2000 while you have two other cards in your signature at $10000 and $12000.. Cap 1 is my second oldest acount but the lowest credit limit by a huge margain..

Secure (her original card)  credit cards don't grow with hardly anyone. Why would it grow with Cap 1? Who the heck wants to grow their secured card when you can apply And get approved for QS cards that can give you cash back?

In my wallet: AMEX BCE $18k | AMEX ED $19.5k | AMEX EDP $10k | AMEX BCEP $10k | HEFCU $10k | Discover it $8.8k | Capital One QS $9k | Chase Freedom $4.5k | Walmart $3,200 | JCrew $2,350 | Chase Slate (AU) $22k.
Now in the garden...
Current FICO Scores: 783 (EX) | 766 (EQ) | 764 (TU)
Message 91 of 99
fot1
Established Contributor

@juggalo9er wrote:

@fot1 wrote:

@juggalo9er wrote:

regarding the terms of not growing i believe thats a per person basis. i started with their secured card out of chapter 7 and kept it for around a year, it helped to raise my score around 100 points. right around month 11 i apped for their platinum mastercard and was approved with a $500 limit. To date (9 months or so) i have had 1.5 cash back added to this card, lower interest rate, 4x total cli's, and the af completely removed. i do not believe its that they do not want to grow with you, i believe its more that you have to talk to the right people to make their cards right for you! For the record their cli request is good for one thing, if gives you a credit score for free!

But can you say the orginal card grew with you?.. Plus your Cap 1 is at $2000 while you have two other cards in your signature at $10000 and $12000.. Cap 1 is my second oldest acount but the lowest credit limit by a huge margain..

they have grown with me more than barclay who people speak so highly of on here. the other two cards are from cu's so i hold them in a different light as one literally asked if my limit was high enough

I get what you are saying.. I neither love nor hate Cap 1..

Too many to list..
Message 92 of 99
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

i really do dislike it when they tell you to app for a new product when you already are a customer......that honestly does make my blood boil.

Message 93 of 99
fot1
Established Contributor

@Hcontreras wrote:

@fot1 wrote:

@juggalo9er wrote:

Secure (her original card)  credit cards don't grow with hardly anyone. Why would it grow with Cap 1? Who the heck wants to grow their secured card when you can apply And get approved for QS cards that can give you cash back?

But i guess that kinda is the point.. my first Cap 1 (unsecured) card has had one CLI in two years.. I shouldn't have to get a new card for higher limits.. In the same  time I have added a Freedom card.. 4x's the Cl to start and withing 9 months twices as many CLI's.  Maybe some company's fit some better then others.. I just feel like I am in Cap one "freind zone"..lol

Too many to list..
Message 94 of 99
fot1
Established Contributor

@juggalo9er wrote:

i really do dislike it when they tell you to app for a new product when you already are a customer......that honestly does make my blood boil.

Did you try a pc change? I just doid that to get the QS card with them..

Too many to list..
Message 95 of 99
Hcontreras
Frequent Contributor

@fot1 wrote:

@Hcontreras wrote:

@fot1 wrote:

@juggalo9er wrote:

But i guess that kinda is the point.. my first Cap 1 (unsecured) card has had one CLI in two years.. I shouldn't have to get a new card for higher limits.. In the same  time I have added a Freedom card.. 4x's the Cl to start and withing 9 months twices as many CLI's.  Maybe some company's fit some better then others.. I just feel like I am in Cap one "freind zone"..lol

So you got a CLI with chase within 9 months?

In my wallet: AMEX BCE $18k | AMEX ED $19.5k | AMEX EDP $10k | AMEX BCEP $10k | HEFCU $10k | Discover it $8.8k | Capital One QS $9k | Chase Freedom $4.5k | Walmart $3,200 | JCrew $2,350 | Chase Slate (AU) $22k.
Now in the garden...
Message 96 of 99
fot1
Established Contributor

@Hcontreras wrote:

@fot1 wrote:

@Hcontreras wrote:

@fot1 wrote:

@juggalo9er wrote:

Two withing 9 months

Too many to list..
Message 97 of 99
Hcontreras
Frequent Contributor

@fot1 wrote:

@Hcontreras wrote:

@fot1 wrote:

@Hcontreras wrote:

@fot1 wrote:

@juggalo9er wrote:

Two withing 9 months

For how much? If you don't mind me asking....Also, did you ask or was it auto CLI?

Now in the garden...
Message 98 of 99
fot1
Established Contributor

Both auto, 200 then 500.

Too many to list..
Message 99 of 99
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.