Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is your most annoying card...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What is your most annoying card...

@medziat23 wrote:

Stupid discover. no cli in 2 years. stuck on 4.1k limit. everytime i request online they are like we need to pull your report. no thanks. i got some high cards Smiley Happy

Thinking of getting rid of it..

Sounds like it's time to stuff it in the ol' sock drawer

Message 41 of 69
mrsno
Valued Member

Citi Diamond Preferred

I have some high balances on higher interest cards but this card has a 12-month 0% intoroductory APR I can't fully take advantage of due to the low $4K limit.

Rebuilding since 2020 from the low 500s

Wallet

Sock Drawer

Chopped
Message 42 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Ink Plus. I want to use it for all my purchases, but unfortunately that would not be the best financial decision. meh.

Message 43 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cookie2120987 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
My CSP is so annoying stupid 5k limit stupid hard pull for CLI and they never increase it anyway !! Errr
.. but shamefully I really like the card ... come on Chase work with me here!!!

My boss (corporate supervisor, mid six figure salary) has a Marriat Rewards card with only a $15,000 limit, he runs on average depending on his stays per month and how many of us go to other stores, $20,000 a month he said. Last year he put a little over $300,000 on it. Crazy spending, but he has he income to support it and it's reimbursed to him and than charged to the base restaurant using the stays, or in the other cases gas. (Or plane travel) his credit is NOT good, but he swears by the Marriat...lol

to the OP

my citi DC, my best rewards card  besides gas and it's stuck at $1,000 I max it nearly every month between bills that make sense to pay, gas and work expenses.

It's Marriott...

Message 44 of 69
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

JCB

Annoying because:

Low limit

HP for any CLI, and then the CLI wasn't worth the pull

Reports at the end of the month, not statement date

Antiquated website

Unreliable acceptance

Call in for rewards redemption

I put up with it because ... 3% CB

Message 45 of 69
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

@takeshi74 wrote:

It's not about the card.  If you have a low limit and/or can't get CLI's then it's your credit profile and income.  Any creditor uses those to determine what you qualify for.  Do not rely on the usage meme.  It's not just the account itself that matters.  Your entire credit profile matters.

None of mine are "annoying" in this sense.  Sure, some have limits lower than others but they're all 5 digits.  It's not because of the card.  It's not because of usage -- I've received a number of large CLI's on cards that have seen little to no usage.  It's because my profile and income support such limits.

Not always the case.  See my JCB post above ... some lenders are just conservative, and don't give out high limits.

Message 46 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought my carecredit was annoying because I was only keeping it for the age.  I ran the numbers and found that I'll only lose 50 days average if it closes.  Does it matter if I close or let synchrony close it?

Message 47 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sillykitty1 wrote:

JCB

Annoying because:

Low limit

HP for any CLI, and then the CLI wasn't worth the pull

Reports at the end of the month, not statement date

Antiquated website

Unreliable acceptance

Call in for rewards redemption

I put up with it because ... 3% CB

How much spending do you put on the card each year? Are we talking MS or genuine goods and services? From a low CL, I'm guessing you don't MS much with it.

3% is only 1% more than the 2% you can get from low-headache cards. If we're talking genuine goods and services (not MS), even if you put $50k on the card each year (which would be a lot for most people for non-bonus-category merchants that accept JCB), back out the JCB 1% and 2% spending, the 2% opportunity cost, and I guess a Marukai membership fee, what remains? $400? That's not much compared to occasionally getting a new card for a signup bonus, especially a nice fat cobrand bonus.

Maybe my hypothetical example doesn't apply to you, I'm just trying to see the appeal. I'd much rather strategically cut a card loose occasionally than constantly use a headache card.

Message 48 of 69
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

My most annoying card is quite the opposite. My Venture card. I never use it and although my highest limit I use the venture one more, mostly because the one has 0%. I'm more than likely going to roll it into my venture one. I like all my cards but the venture is the most annoying. 

Personal:

Business:

Message 49 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would my ex-wife be considered an annoying card? She's always in my pocket, charges an ungodly amount of interest, and she's annoying as all hell!
Message 50 of 69
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.