Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What's actually in your wallet?

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@skigirl916 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

I realize that some people are (unfortunately for them) different from me, but a question to those with lots of cards:  what is the point in carrying them all?  Are they all so unique that you might need to use card A and card B just wouldn't do?    As before, seems to be a risk to have them all together, and a hassle to search through all the time.  

I use different cards for different things; there's only one I don't "need" in that it doesn't serve a particular purpose (NASA), so I suppose I can SD that one for "emergencies" (aka stolen wallet).

Do you really pickpocket??

Only when I really need to.

For some reason, I think you're serious. Smiley Indifferent

Well, if I really need to, it would be a little odd not to, right?

You could've been trolling.

Message 41 of 100
Fico2Go
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

I realize that some people are (unfortunately for them) different from me, but a question to those with lots of cards:  what is the point in carrying them all?  Are they all so unique that you might need to use card A and card B just wouldn't do?    As before, seems to be a risk to have them all together, and a hassle to search through all the time.  

well for me, two capital one has pictures of my dogs so they are MUST to carry with me all the time (i'm' not a crazy dog lady, i swear!), and I have discover with me for 5% cashback on gas and shopping, arrival card will be my main card. and I have to carry my amex business card with me because I do a lot of errands for work.

I understand about the dogs!   But my question was more to those with many more cards, 10+ say.  With fewer, apart from my belief in keeping one for emergencies, it makes sense to have them all than having to take some in and out the SD.

I carry all my cards and debit cards to diversify purchases.  I don't plan to make small purchases so its convenient to pick one at random.  I generally have 1-2 cards that I make large purchases with and the rest are small purchases.  Currently all my small purchases are done with reloadable debit cards. 

Discover IT $19,000 == 12/2013
AMEX 12/2013 ---BCP $12,000 === BC $23,000 ----- 04/2014
CHASE SLATE $5,700 === 12/2013
BoA 123 $6000 === 12/2013
Barclay Rewards $1500 == 12/2013
Message 42 of 100
barbaralee
Established Contributor

I only carry two credit cards, Discover and Arrival which will be switched out with my pnc card when I get it. Everything else is in a tin can at home. I also carry my debit and HSA card, the rest are store discount and insurance cards.

Now my husband, he only carries the Sallie Mae. I have begged him to at least take his debit card as well. As luck would have it the last TWO times he traveled his card was misplaced. Both times I said "I told you so!" But he is unphased. He dislikes carrying more than 1 card for whatever reason. 

Message 43 of 100
iCoop
Regular Contributor

This is what's in my wallet:

IMG_2776.JPG

Starting Score: EQ 675 | TU 688 | EX 702
Current Score: EQ 795 | TU 788 | EX 770
Goal Score: 750 (Across All 3)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 44 of 100
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my wallet at all times:

Drivers license

Medical insurance card

2x business cards

Chase freedom for 5% on whatever category, amazon right now

Citi double cash 2% on everything else

Schwab debit card for free ATM withdrawal anywhere

My second tier cards:

Fidelity Amex if I go to Costco

BOFA Americard Travel for 0% foreign transaction fee

Message 45 of 100
MafiaS

look at my siggy~~

Chase Freedom $4,000 | C1 QuickSilver $3,000 | Amex BCE $9,000 | Amex Hilton $7,500 | BoA BBR $2,000 | Citi DC $3,400 | Barclay SM $2,500| Discover It $2,000 | College Credit Union $2,500
TCL: $35,900 (# of cards: 9)
Gardening since: 10/01/2014 Gardening Until: 11/01/2016
Message 46 of 100
Anonymous
Not applicable

Main Wallet:
AMEX ED (1,500), AMEX BSP (12,000), AMEX TE (3,000), AMEX PRG (NPSL), Barclay Rewards (1,500), Capital One QS Visa (3,000), Discover It (11,000), Chase Freedom (4,500)

Second Wallet:
Citi Diamond Preferred (2,000), Dillards AMEX (3,700), Discover It (1,800), Capital One QS MC (2,000), AMEX PRG (NPSL), Carecredit (9,000), Cabela's Club Visa (4,000), Paypal Extras MC (2,000)
Message 47 of 100
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

Everything in my signature. I'll have to get a bigger wallet when I add new cards.

TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 48 of 100
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

The first 6 in my siggy are in my wallet. I don't always use them all but I like to carry one of each credit card network (Visa, MC, Amex, Discover)

So what's in my wallet? Diversity my friends, diversity.
Message 49 of 100
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

My Wallet in an infographic

AMEX BCE             |                 Discover Debit

-------------------------------------------------------------

Discover IT              |  Employee discount card

-------------------------------------------------------------

NDSU Student ID    |   Costco Membership ID

Hidden slot 1:          |                 Hidden slot 2:

--------------------------------------------------------------

Drivers License       |                     AMEX Serve

Insurance ID            |      Local bank Debit card

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 50 of 100
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.