Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's so GREAT about DCU?

tag
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

What's so GREAT about DCU?

Hello Members,

There's always quite a bit of talk on the forum about DCU. What is so great about them?

Thanks!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: What's so GREAT about DCU?

Once you are approved ( they've been having some issues there) the banking side early access to your DD by 1-2 business days, no fees for their accts and part of the Shared Branch network. Cc/auto side, low aprs starting at 8.5 and 1.99 respectively. Fast service on approvals ( once a member) generous CL's ( not as generous as NFCU)

The Bad:

Their rewards Visa is not worth it IMO, they still can do some upgrades on their website and I wish they had 24 hr Cust service. But tbh, I have been a member for almost 9 years and I have not had to call them more than a dozen times.
Message 2 of 6
boomhower
Valued Contributor

For me it's 8.%% CC and monthly FICO score. 

Message 3 of 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 4 of 6
essexjet
Contributor

For me, its the great customer service you great along with the products.

2/21/19 Fico's: EQ 651 - TU 666 - EXP 670
4/4/19 Fico's: EQ 744 - TU 763 - EXP 758

AMEX Platinum: NPSL / DCU $3000 / Barclaycard Apple Visa $2700 / Firestone $1200 / Credit One Bank $1100 / Walmart $8000 / Capital One $500 / Chase United Explorer $5000 / Discover IT $1500 / NFCU $1500 / Sams Club $7500
Message 5 of 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Their auto loans are traditionally very good if you don't have access to NFCU or other quality CU.

Combined that with their FICO service, is a reasonable place to be; however, they are, and act sometimes, like a small lender.  Also like some other CU's they can be a little pull happy at times.  I will likely pickup their low APR Visa at some point when I get rid of my secured card likely another year or two from now.  $0 AF secured card too isn't a terrible product, just can do better with SDFCU and the signular (for now) BOFA secured card (albeit with $39 AF).

For me I have no complaints, but I suspect if they didn't offer the freebie FICO service, there's nothing that intrinsically different from other lenders, and it's because of that service that it is held here in such high regard, compared to other lenders.

Edit to add: They are also the most documentation-oriented lender I've ever worked with.  I submitted a bunch for a secured card.

        
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.