Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do with BofA 3-2-1?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What to do with BofA 3-2-1?

IMO, BofA cards (i.e. 3-2-1, travel rewards) are only worth it if you are a Preferred Rewards member, which would likely be achived through Merrill Edge. Otherwise, the baseline rewards are too low and the opportunity cost of parking ~$300 to get the 10% bonus is too high.

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What to do with BofA 3-2-1?

@Anonymous wrote:

IMO, BofA cards (i.e. 3-2-1, travel rewards) are only worth it if you are a Preferred Rewards member, which would likely be achived through Merrill Edge. Otherwise, the baseline rewards are too low and the opportunity cost of parking ~$300 to get the 10% bonus is too high.

Agreed. I'm Platinum so with my 50% bonus it's 4.5%, 3%, & 1.5% back on gas, groceries and regular spend respectively. Platinum Honors is where it's at though. Extra 75% back. My every day spending card is the 2% Fidelity Visa, however I have recently signed up for three cards within last 30 days. The Chase Sapphire Reserve (100k UR bonus), the Chase Freedom Unlimited ($150 or 15,000 UR bonus), the American Express SPG (35k SPG points bonus) so I've been meeting to spend requirement for the bonuses. I've met all the spending today however.

I still think BofA Cash Rewards is a great card for everyday people.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.