Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whatever Discover

tag
Runitup
Regular Contributor

Re: Whatever Discover

Lowest limit was10k before Disco.  AAoA is 10 years.  Oldest account is 19 years, newest is 2 years old.  Income is 90k.  There was one HP almost two years old on my Ex. Have a car lease and mortgage reporting.  I only had 54k in limits before I applied for It.  I had 20k, 14k, etc with BoA and Chase with a bunch of 10k limits from Cap 1 and Citi before app.  Never asked for any increases my whole credit life until I found this forum (last month) so all CLIs were granted by CCCs.  IDK, doesn't make much sense to me.  Weird and low limit.

Message 11 of 47
TURNERHOOVER
Established Contributor

@chwebb1 wrote:

@Runitup wrote:

Got my "It" package in the mail today.  They pulled Experian.  My score is 829.  Credit limit: $6,375.  What a joke.

In what way? What are your other CLs? I'd love to have a $6000 limit on my Discover card personally. So I'll trade you if you like. Smiley Happy

No joke to me either +1

EX 727 | EQ 720 | TU 740

FREEDOM 4.5k | BCP 9.5k | DISCOVER 2.5k | ARRIVAL+ 7.5k | RITZ CARLTON 15k
No new Apps till Dec 2016
Message 12 of 47
core
Valued Contributor

I hope you didn't apply using an email address like Runitup@somewhere.com.  Maybe that has something to do with it.

Message 13 of 47
Runitup
Regular Contributor

@core wrote:

I hope you didn't apply using an email address like Runitup@somewhere.com.  Maybe that has something to do with it.

Lol, no.  I just like the irony of the handle.  

My utilization was like 1% when I applied.  They were the first of the four apps I recently completed specifically because I know they're conservative.

Message 14 of 47
core
Valued Contributor

@Runitup wrote:
They were the first of the four apps I recently completed specifically because I know they're conservative.

Well there ya go.  I don't think you got a bad limit at all to start out with.  Maybe it will double in 6 months, maybe not.  Unless you're going to spend $6k in a week on that card (why?) I don't see why it matters, given your other cards.  After you max your $1500 in a quarter the thing's gonna be put away, no?

Message 15 of 47
Runitup
Regular Contributor

I don't think it's too unreasonable to expect a match of my lowest limit but then again, I guess Disco is a different animal.  They are offering a 0 fee BT that I was thinking about using but 6k ain't much to work with without utilization being out of whack.  

Message 16 of 47
barbaralee
Established Contributor

I had my hubby apply for a Discover so he and I could get $50 cash back (each). His uti at the time was 3%, aaoa is 7 years, income of 50k, no car notes, no mortgage, no open loans whatsoever. A solid, but limited credit report basically, and he was approved for 8k. Discover is an odd one to figure out. 

Message 17 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Runitup wrote:

Got my "It" package in the mail today.  They pulled Experian.  My score is 829.  Credit limit: $6,375.  What a joke.

congrats!! i guess the jokes on me! the limit seems about right in regards to discover being uber conservative. heck ill take your limit any day over my 1,500!  lol.

Im grateful and i know it will grow! with that score and depending on your history yours will too! enjoy!

Message 18 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Runitup wrote:

congrats!! i guess the jokes on me! the limit seems about right in regards to discover being uber conservative. heck ill take your limit any day over my 1,500!  lol.

Im grateful and i know it will grow! with that score and depending on your history yours will too! enjoy!

Yeah, I was initially given a $500 CL, auto CLI to $750 after about 6 months, about a year ago. But I was just denied with my CLI request (for a SP) last week, possibly due to my recent credit card apps? Just opened 2 new cards in that last month with much more generous CLs. Even so, my Discover it has been great with the right categories. Eventually I hope my limit will increase, I'll give it a few more months to try again.

Message 19 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed that is a joke!  A $6,375 limit aside from being too low compared to your nice file would bother me as I like having my limits end in 00's (which IMO are Visually & Aurally pleasing).

My AAoA is a measly 2yrs

Message 20 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.