Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When Consumer Statement Goes Bad!

tag
ChemGuy
Frequent Contributor

When Consumer Statement Goes Bad!

So,  I recently had a tough time getting EQ to delete an erroneous judgement from my CR; so, I had them state in my Consumer Statements section that I could furnish a dismissal letter.  As it turns out, they finally caught on--I had to literally pull teeth--and they removed it!  Great...right?  NO, because now I have the statement stuck on my report...a statement that alludes to a public record that is no longer there, but is proof that at one point such record was there! 

So, called up EQ and asked them to remove the statement.  Well, they sent me an update which says item was removed...but in the very same report the SAME consumer statement is still present!! Although there is a small notation which indicates that the item is scheduled to delete 3/2008--what gives?

Anyway, I'm in a bind.  I already have enough paid derogs from 2004  on my report to convince me that CITI is not going to accept my recon letter; I definitely don't want to give them additional insentive!  What should I do?

A.  Call EQ and ask them if this is an error (I'm definitely at risk of being called frivilous)
B.  Wait until March and see if statement falls off (I risk missing the reconn window)
C.  Send the report and pray that by the time the reps get to page 31 of my report, they will not realize 
      that the consumer statement is there!

Thanks
Chemguy
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When Consumer Statement Goes Bad!

option c, nothing ventured nothing gained. it's a recon so no further fico points at stake.
Message 2 of 3
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: When Consumer Statement Goes Bad!

I've never done the consumer statement before. Are you allowed to update it as you please?
Here we go again...
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.