cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When do you request CLI with US Bank CC?

tag
Times
New Contributor

When do you request CLI with US Bank CC?

So I got a pretty low SL on my US bank CC and want to do CLI asap. If it matters I got the Altitude Connect with $5K SL

1. Is it soft or hard pull?

2, When and how would you request the CLI on your US bank card?

3. What or how can know how likely or increase odds of CLI approval?

Any thoughts and experiences appreciated, thank you Smiley Happy

Credit score: 785~ | Goal: 800~

Credit Cards:
Tomo Credit: $6k
Amex prime business: $34k
x1 $18k

Debit cards:
Cash app & Target red debit card

Goal cards:
Amex gold biz & Amex platinum personal

Dream card:
Amex black card
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Yoshi1981
Regular Contributor

Re: When do you request CLI with US Bank CC?

@Times Hi there, was approved for Connect on 9.21, account showed up today with a $2k SL. Which kind of sucks bc the flight I had in mind is $2058 Smiley Frustrated But, based on my profile/low income could have been worse and it will cover the hotel charge so still thankful. 

Called earlier to see about a CLI before activation. 1. Definitely would be a HP 2. Not sure about future requests, did this via phone but you would likely be able to do so within your account...I'm assuming. I believe it would still be a HP. 

I did find out that submitting a payment via mail with a $0 balance would temporarily raise the CL so I could theoretically purchase the flight. But thats a 7-10 day wait and seems like a bit much. 

Hopefully more experienced members with USB can help. Smiley Very Happy Good luck! 

FICO 8: EQ 712 | EX 711 | TU 706
Discover $10k (AU) | Wayfair $4.5k | AAA Daily Advantage $4.2k | Citizens Bank Cash Back+ | USB Altitude Connect $2k | Target $1k
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.