Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When to Close an Oasis Optima

tag
opsrex
Valued Member

When to Close an Oasis Optima

Has anyone closed an oasis optima? I received the card 15 months ago. During that time I applied for and was approved for: Home Depot, cl 4k Zales, cl 4k Wamu Visa, cl 5k After 12 months on oasis, I applied for and received: Amex green GM M/C, cl 3k Amex Clear, cl 5k BOA Amex, cl 3k These are all the cc's I want for now. Since the Optima in not eligible for conversion or cli and has an af of $35, I was wondering if closing it will hurt my score. Currently eq-705; tu-704. ex is unknown, but when I was approved for a 250k mortgage in November 06, it was the middle score. Any baddies are so old they are about to fall off. Two years ago scores were in the low 500's. Just discovered this board last week. If I knew then what I have learned in a matter of day from this board, I would be a lot further toward by goal of 780 than I am now. This board rocks. TIA for any feedback.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Takunda1
Established Contributor

Re: When to Close an Oasis Optima

I believe you can get a CLI on the Optima card. If you cant try to see if you can merge it with one of yor other Amex cards.

Message Edited by Takunda1 on 09-02-2007 01:11 AM
Message 2 of 4
opsrex
Valued Member

Nope. Already spent a lot of time on the phone with Amex on this. Oasis optima cl is half previous amex debt and is not eligible for cli. Also cannot be combined with another card. It will always be what it is now. That is why I want to close it. $1300 cli with fairly high apr (although pif every month, 0 balance for last two months) and an af.
Message 3 of 4
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

If it's costing you money, get rid of it.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.