Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When to request Chase Slate CLI?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When to request Chase Slate CLI?

Hey y'all,

I'm working on consolidating some high APR CC debt onto some 0% cards, and things are going well so far!  On all the cards listed in my sig, all are under 5% util, except the big two...there's there's ~$4,200 on the REI card and ~$6,000 on the Southwest Card.  I was just inst-approved for(maybe i went a little nuts) Citi Simplicity - 5.5k, Discover It! - 5.3k, Chase Slate - 2k, and Amex Blue Everyday - 2k.  My thinking is that I will spread things out amongst these cards and get my utilization per card as low as possible.  

Now, with the Amex card, I'm planning to try out the whole 3X CLI thing after 60 days, but I'm wondering if it's worth trying to get a CLI on the Slate card before then.  On the approval screen it said that I can call the number on the back of the card when it arrives if i need a CLI...but I'm wondering if I've maybe got too many inquiries now to be approved a CLI.  Before this recent string of 4 applications, my last app was back in July of 2014, with a total of 5 inq showing through TU and 2 though EQ(if i can trust this number from creditkarma...cant seem to find my inqs through myfico).

what do you guys think?  the Slate is the only card without a transfer fee, so i'd like to throw the most money that way if i can.

Sorry if i've left out any key information, or put this post in the wrong place, guide me!

thanks,

-Chadd

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: When to request Chase Slate CLI?

Chase gives that message to people upon approval, but if you call them ask for a CLI they will more than likey want to hard pull your credit and usually it ends up with either a small CLI or decline, while others though have had sucess. 

You can always move some of the limits on your other chase cards to slate. You get the no fee balance transfer option for the first 60 days of card opening. Then they tack on the 3% fee for the 15 duration of no 0 percent apr run. 

Message 2 of 13
Simply827
Established Contributor

I second the advice above, but if you are going to request a CLI, you should do it now before all of your new accounts report.

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for your replies, what do you mean by move my other chase limit to slate?

Message 4 of 13
elim
Senior Contributor

The only time i asked for CLI with Chase they pulled EX twice and denied me.  Lesson learned.

They do give me auto's from time to time to keep me bay.

Yes you can move CL's from card to card so BT any balance off your SW and move what's needed to Slate, then BT to Slate.

I'm not sure if the Co-Branded card will be an issue or not.

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe ddemari was referring to the fact that Chase will allow you to move limits around on their cards. Your signature shows you also have Chase Southwest & Chase Amazon.   If you're interested, you can move some of the available limits from these cards into your 0% slate for the meantime.

Message 6 of 13
elim
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I believe ddemari was referring to the fact that Chase will allow you to move limits around on their cards. Your signature shows you also have Chase Southwest & Chase Amazon.   If you're interested, you can move some of the available limits from these cards into your 0% slate for the meantime.

yup, that's what i meant.  i should probably slow down and clarify...

BT any balance off your SW to free up some limit.  next move what limit you need from SW to Slate, then BT the US Bank balance to Slate.

I would do it in this order because you can't BT from Chase to Chase.

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey y'all,

I'm working on consolidating some high APR CC debt onto some 0% cards, and things are going well so far!  On all the cards listed in my sig, all are under 5% util, except the big two...there's there's ~$4,200 on the REI card and ~$6,000 on the Southwest Card.  I was just inst-approved for(maybe i went a little nuts) Citi Simplicity - 5.5k, Discover It! - 5.3k, Chase Slate - 2k, and Amex Blue Everyday - 2k.  My thinking is that I will spread things out amongst these cards and get my utilization per card as low as possible.  

Now, with the Amex card, I'm planning to try out the whole 3X CLI thing after 60 days, but I'm wondering if it's worth trying to get a CLI on the Slate card before then.  On the approval screen it said that I can call the number on the back of the card when it arrives if i need a CLI...but I'm wondering if I've maybe got too many inquiries now to be approved a CLI.  Before this recent string of 4 applications, my last app was back in July of 2014, with a total of 5 inq showing through TU and 2 though EQ(if i can trust this number from creditkarma...cant seem to find my inqs through myfico).

what do you guys think?  the Slate is the only card without a transfer fee, so i'd like to throw the most money that way if i can.

Sorry if i've left out any key information, or put this post in the wrong place, guide me!

thanks,

-Chadd

You don't HAVE to wait 60 days on Amex. You can do it when you get the card. BUT you may want to wait to show responsibility, etc. if it's your first amex. I'd do that (knowing that the most it could cost me is an extra 30 days wait (90 from denial vs. the 60 your were going to wait) vs. Chase. Don't see Chase doing a CLI (virtually ever without a HP). 

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

awesome, thanks for all the responses, guys/gals.  i had no idea you could transfer limits between chase cards...that is incredible news!  is that something you have to call for, or is there a way to do it online?

Message 9 of 13
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Call them.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.