cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I view my chase statement cut date?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where can I view my chase statement cut date?

Hey all, I've had the amazon visa card for a few months now and I've just really gotten more serious about my credit and using it responsibly to up my scores. I'm curious as to where I can find my correct statement cut date? I don't see it on the iPhone app or their actual website anywhere unless I'm just missing it. The reason I don't already know is that I've always just paid everythign as soon as it showed up on my account but I'm now more interested in making one large payment at the end of the statement before the cut date or even just carrying a small balance (less than 10%) to show usage. Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
core
Valued Contributor

Re: Where can I view my chase statement cut date?

When you log into the Chase site, under each card there is a "See more information" link.  That will show you a bunch of stuff including your next statement closing date.

Message 2 of 8
azguy13
Senior Contributor

On your Chase online account click "See Statements" which is on the "Payment Due Date" line. From there, choose the year and you will see the dates of your statements

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh I found it! Thank you both!

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just noticed it says my last closing date was 12/12 and my next closing date is 2/12. Is it normal to be 2 months apart? I thought it was each month?

Message 5 of 8
core
Valued Contributor

It's probably in limbo since it just closed today.  It will be properly updated when you get your statement tomorrow or whenever.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

That makes sense. Thank you for answering so quickly Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 8
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

or even just carrying a small balance (less than 10%) to show usage.

You never need to carry a balance for scoring purposes or to show usage.  Carry and report are two entirely different things.  You can have a balance report without carrying.  It's all a matter of when you pay versus report date.  iIf you pay infull prior to report date then no balance will report.  If you have a balance on report date then the balance will report.  You can then pay the statement balance (or remainder) in full prior to due date and not carry a balance.

Allowing one balance to report isn't for showing usage.  It's for optimizing revolving utilization and number of reporting balances.  Chase will see your usage regardless of how much you allow to report.  Other creditors, however, will only see usage as indicated on your credit reports.  Usage isn't all that meaningful to other creditors.  It's revolving utilization and number of balances that are used for scoring and assessing your credit profile.  Creditors will look at your entire credit profile (not just usage) and income when making credit decisions.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.