Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which card next?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which card next?

Had a cap1 plat then pc to the quicksilver.  560 on experian so I gather they didnt do a hp.  goal to have about a 660ish in a few months so my question is which card should i aim for next ?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which card next?

You cannot focus on only creidt cards to build your credit. It's great you are using your others responsibly but I would wait and only open a credit line when it is advantageous for you. Work on the ones you have and use them responsibly. CC companies don't like to see a ton of inquiries all around same time. I have a cc for building my credit, one for airline perks and just got approved for amex 0% on balance transfers to consolidate the others and not pay any interest on any of my open credit lines. make it work for you and you will see an increase slowly. 

Message 2 of 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

So little info on your current profile, no one can realistically offer advice on what next card to get. What are your current ficos? Your aaol, inquiries count, baddies, etc. What are you interested in, cash back, travel, low apr etc?. With your current Ex score you still have some work ahead for more approvals.
Message 3 of 5
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
So little info on your current profile, no one can realistically offer advice on what next card to get. What are your current ficos? Your aaol, inquiries count, baddies, etc. What are you interested in, cash back, travel, low apr etc?. With your current Ex score you still have some work ahead for more approvals.

And another big part of the "etc" is your spending areas (and rough amount).   For example, there are cards that are good/great in particular areas (e.g. gas, groceries, amazon) but if you don't spend much there, the card isn't a good choice.

I would put this, + goals first:  (i.e. what sort of thing are you interested in, such as cash back on gas).   Then, the other info, such as scores, inqs etc, will help the group give advice as to what is realistic within that segment.   

The quality of advice on the first part is better (we really do generally know which cards give good rewards on various things).  The quality of advice on how likely you to get approved is, um, more mixed, as well as being more vocal.   Most people here are not loans officers, just play them on this fourm

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP - Are you building or rebuilding? You must include full stats, goals, and fill in the requested variables from the previous responders if you hope to get useful advice.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.