Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which card should I apply to first.

tag
VirusCredit13
Regular Contributor

Re: Which card should I apply to first.

@creditnocash

My score on here based on equifax is 671. But I had 2 collections on my account when that was made. The collections belonged to my grandfather so I disputed them. Experian already removed them from my report and the two scores I posted reflected them. Equifax has yet to update my report, so that 671 score is inaccurate as once its fixed I will have zero collection, zero late payments and zero deliquiences ever on my account. Will update score if Equifax fixes my report anytime soon. The AU card utilization varies, but as of this month it is at 36%. My aaoa of everything is 3 years and 8 months. I have several student loans with first going back to 05. 

With $150 bonus annual fee would be paid for the first two years. Two years from now I'll be making more money and will be spening enough to cover the AF yes. But based on what people are saying it looks like I won't be able to get this card with it being my first.

Will keep that triple pull in mind if I decide to apply for capital one it will be last, but leaning more towards Discover over that. Thanks

Message 11 of 23
Bobert22
Contributor

@ssjjfar wrote:

@creditnocash

My score on here based on equifax is 671. But I had 2 collections on my account when that was made. The collections belonged to my grandfather so I disputed them. Experian already removed them from my report and the two scores I posted reflected them. Equifax has yet to update my report, so that 671 score is inaccurate as once its fixed I will have zero collection, zero late payments and zero deliquiences ever on my account. Will update score if Equifax fixes my report anytime soon. The AU card utilization varies, but as of this month it is at 36%. My aaoa of everything is 3 years and 8 months. I have several student loans with first going back to 05. 

With $150 bonus annual fee would be paid for the first two years. Two years from now I'll be making more money and will be spening enough to cover the AF yes. But based on what people are saying it looks like I won't be able to get this card with it being my first.

Will keep that triple pull in mind if I decide to apply for capital one it will be last, but leaning more towards Discover over that. Thanks

AMEX rarely ever approves anyone without their own account history.

As far as Chase goes, they do not count AU accounts. 

If I was in your position, I would either try Capital One or try a secured card from your local bank or CU. 

also, IMO, Sears MasterCard has the worst Customer Service I've ever experienced.

Capital One 2006--$5,000 ||| AMEX Macy's 2008--$2,300 ||| Kohl's 2009-- $1,000 ||| JCP 2010-- $1,000 ||| Walmart Discover 2010-- $5,000 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,600 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,500 ||| Chase Freedom 2012--$7,500 ||| Discover IT 2013 -- $4,000
||| Chase Sapphire Preferred 2013 -- $10,000

SCORES: EQ FICO: 787, EX FAKO: 801, TU FICO: 790 (Lender Pull)
Message 12 of 23
VirusCredit13
Regular Contributor

Ok, was approved for AmEx BlueP, don't know limit yet. 

30 day for amazon visa. 

Approved with 1200 limit for Banana republic visa. 

Will get amazon store next if denied for visa. And will try for Discover It(maybe Chase Freedom if chase approves me for amazon visa) once I meet all the spending requirements for bonus on the blue preffered.

Thanks for the help. I think 4 cards to start my credit history is more than enough. 

Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

try bank of america

Message 14 of 23
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@ssjjfar wrote:

744 score based on experian from quizzle

752 score based on experian from quizzle

No hard inquires in past 24, no missed/late payments ever

7 installments for student loans

I have a 15k credit limit listed on my experian report, because I'm an authorized user on my parents card. But I need my own personal CC for my own revolving credit line.

Was planning to get one retail card and one standard CC. Was planning to go with amazon's visa, and amex blue preffered. Will use amazon online with them and probably keep baance zero if not close to zero. Amex I will use on all grocery/gas and other stuff, and will keep a small balance on in from month to month. 

Hopefully I can get both, but with chance of being denied, which do you suggest I apply to first? Assuming I'm approved on first one I'll have a higher credit limit when they look on second card(although lower average credit line). If i'm denied on first I'll have one hard inquiry on account.  Any advice on these two cards would be helpful, thanks!

I think you should go for Amazon Visa, and Discover..

That is a good combination... I think you need your own history before going for Amex BCP

Amazon Visa doesn't really count as a "retail" card.  If you want a "retail" card, you should go for the Amazon store version..  The rewards suck on the store version, however, they do have zero percent interest offers.

Amazon Visa and Discover are a good combo...  Also look at Chase Freedom and Discover...  If you use amazon a lot, look at Citi Forward, it gives 5% at amazon

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 15 of 23
VirusCredit13
Regular Contributor

^ See the post 2 above yours

And yeah, amazon I should have just went straight for the store card, but they cashback was $40 less. Banana republic didn't have option online to apply for one specifically, it was just aplication for both and I ended up with Visa. If I get Visa too, I'll find somewhere to apply sepcfically for one store card, and call in to do it if I have to.

Message 16 of 23
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

NVM you already applied.

Congrats!

FYI, you can call Chase to recon, and they can help you..  They may require you to fax in a bill and your identification

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 17 of 23
VirusCredit13
Regular Contributor

Wasn't gonna recon or call until after I get the 30 day results. Unless its better chances to do it before?

Message 18 of 23
_jb_
Frequent Contributor

Call right away. Check the backdoor numbers sticky in the top of this forum. They will more than likely clarify one or two things and approve you within a couple of minutes.

btw, I am jealous of your BCP haha.

Starting Scores: myFICO EQ: 678, myFICO TU: 676, myFICO EX: 678 (01/2013)
Latest Scores: myFICO EQ: 789, myFICO TU: 782, myFICO EX: 788
My Wallet: American Express BCE, NFCU cashRewards, Capital One Quicksilver, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Rewards
Gardening since 02/07/17
Message 19 of 23
VirusCredit13
Regular Contributor

@_jb_ wrote:

Call right away. Check the backdoor numbers sticky in the top of this forum. They will more than likely clarify one or two things and approve you within a couple of minutes.

btw, I am jealous of your BCP haha.

Ok i'll try calling tommorow. For the Amazon Visa I would be calling chase directly? Using this number from backdoor thread:

Chase: 888-270-2127 (App recon)?

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.