cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which of my cards to utilize most efficiently and which to close?

tag
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Re: Which of my cards to utilize most efficiently and which to close?

@HighAchiever wrote:

Why is this incorrect and incomplete information suddenly getting repeated regularly here?

I think it is just because of misunderstanding how other scoring algorithms work and that FICO doesn't work that way... thanks for the correction guys...  Smiley Happy

Recently closed an AF card that wasn't being used. Didn't need it for utilization, served no purpose for me. Fico scores have not sufferedat all. All the free Vantage 3.0 scores took a hit and produced warnings advising against closing accounts.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 11 of 12
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Re: Which of my cards to utilize most efficiently and which to close?

I agree with PC'ing the BoA into Cash Rewards and use it for a specific category. (Online shopping can cover quite a bit!)  Otherwise BCE as a grocery, gas ,etc. card and DC for general spend while slipping "It" and Freedom in the mix as categories take effect.

You can roll the Chrome CL into the "It" CL as long as they've been open at least a year.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.