Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which ones would you keep/drop?

tag
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Which ones would you keep/drop?

I am just curious, if you were me with the portfolio in my signature, which ones would you keep/drop or even add more cards? (I am not interested in Barclays or Cap1.)

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Which ones would you keep/drop?

@DigitalArk wrote:

I am just curious, if you were me with the portfolio in my signature, which ones would you keep/drop or even add more cards (Not interested in Barclays or Cap1)?

Well, I'm only a fan of dropping cards if you aren't able to justify an AF, or if you're doing it to transfer a limit to another card from the same lender. 

Discover It and Freedom ya keep for rotating categories, and shopdiscover

CSP you keep (if you spend enough to justify it) for the UR points and ability to transfer freedom earnings to UR and then to flyer/hotel programs

citi doublecash for 2% on everything else

And I can't tell if that is an ED or EDP card, but if you can justify the annual fee, keep it, if not downgrade (if you have EDP) 

And nothing else has an AF as far as I can tell, so I would just pop it all in ye olde sock drawer 

Message 2 of 4
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Thank you for your quick response. It's ED, not EDP. Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 4
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@DigitalArk wrote:

I am just curious, if you were me with the portfolio in my signature, which ones would you keep/drop or even add more cards? (I am not interested in Barclays or Cap1.)

Only you really know the answers!   Questions I would ask:

1) Are there major areas of spending where you currently get lower rewards than you might (but with the double cash and/or 1.2MR on ED, maybe not)

2) Are you getting the type of rewards you want   (Does cashback, UR, MR cover all you need)

If no, then you may want more cards.

3) Is your spend enough to justify having two travel programs (UR/MR).  If not, you might want to focus on one

and as part of that: 3b) Is the AF on CSP justified for you after the first year.   If not, maybe switch to MR only and PC the CSP.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.