cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who Pulls What... My Version (in Georgia)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who Pulls What... My Version (in Georgia)

OK... here's my version of who pulls what CR when applying for credit... at least this is what has come directly from my credit reports, and some friends' CRs here in GA as well.  I live in GA, if that makes a difference. 

Jennifer Z.

EQUIFAX

USAA  (approved for $5000 Master Card, $5000 AmEx, and $20,000 car loan at 8.5%)
USAA FSB  (not sure how this is different than USAA)
Shop NBC  (not sure how this is different than GEMB/Shop NBC)
Citibank  (approved for $6300 AmEx)
CitiCards  (I'm not sure what the difference is between this and Citibank)
Diamond  (DSRM Nat'l Bank -- I think this is Valero... they sent an approval letter last week)
GEMB  (not sure what this is)
GEMB/QVC  (approved for $500)
GEMB Shop NBC  (approved for $500)
GEMB/HSN  (denied)
Justice FCU  (approved for $5000 visa pending opening an account with their CU)
Homevisions (not sure what this is)
NASA FCU  (denied -- ChexSystems got me here)
Pentagon FCU  (they denied me, but gave me an account with their CU... odd)
Shop NBC (was a totally separate pull than GEMB/Shop NBC... not sure why)
Kroger  (think this is Fred Meyer cc)
First USA (not sure what this is)
FMCC  (think this is Ford Motor Company)
Chase (approved... actually, approved for and got Amazon.com visa for $4000, and also approved by phone for AOL visa for $2000... but then I got a letter saying that they couldn't approve me for the AOL visa a week later... strange)
Chase/Circuit City (approved for $1000)
HSBC Best Buy  (denied)
Beneficial National Bank  (not sure what this is -- belongs to HSBC, though)

EXPERIAN

FIA CSNA (not sure what this is... I think it used to be MBNA... also Bank of Ameria and Wachovia use this now)
Macys/DSNB  (denied)
Sears/CBSD  (denied)
Amex  (denied)
Christian Community CU/LS  (pending, but initially denied)
Discover  (denied)
HSBV NV  (denied)
Citi  (I have a Citi card, but they pulled EQ as well... not sure if this is a different pull)
Capital One Bank  (denied)
Patelco CU  (denied)
WFNNB/Chadwicks  (not sure what this is)
Band of America  (I have 2 bank accounts here, and they denied me for a cc)
CB&T  (not sure what this is)

TRANS UNION

WaMu/Providian  (denied)
Sterling  (denied... Kay Jewelers, I think)
Cap One Bank  (denied)
GEMB/JC Penney  (denied)
GEMB/Old Navy  (denied)
GEMB/Dillard  (denied)
Hooters  (denied)
Bank of America  (pulled to open bank account, not for CC -- I opened 2 bank accounts)
First Premier  (don't remember applying to them)

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Who Pulls What... My Version (in Georgia)

CB&T Columbus bank and Trust pulled experian...weird.  They always pull EQ unless they are checking for a sub-issuer.  Got any Aspire, Synovus or the old Providian Account (some of these were sold to CB&T through SST)
Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Aspire says I have old account with them, but I am disputing it.  I guess now I know where that inquiry came from!  Thanks...

Jennifer Z
Message 3 of 23
laryn41
Frequent Contributor

ok but what is your scores when appling/
Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

jenna4now2 wrote:
OK... here's my version of who pulls what CR when applying for credit... at least this is what has come directly from my credit reports, and some friends' CRs here in GA as well.  I live in GA, if that makes a difference. 

Jennifer Z.

EQUIFAX

GEMB  (not sure what this is) WalMart, Sams or a million cobranded or store cards
HSBC Best Buy  (denied) - This is the Best Buy MasterCard
Beneficial National Bank  (not sure what this is -- belongs to HSBC, though) - This is probably the Best Buy store Crd

Message Edited by Brammy on 09-02-2007 08:40 PM
Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have no real clue what my scores are... I know my equifax score is low-mid 600s... the others lower

Jennifer Z
Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Funny Dillards pulled TU on you.  I am in GA and they pulled EQ.  Be glad they denied you, its a crap card.  I shredded it less than two weeks after I got it.  Crappy limit of 200.00 (for Dillards?).  After I did a little investigation found out that was standard when you appd online that or less..

Bought myself perfume and my son cologne and of course that maxed it out.  Made an online payment for a shopping trip the following weekend and couldn't understand why I had no avail credit.  Come to find out they hold ELECTRONIC payment for 21days.  Told em what they could do with that card. Going to report them to the office of thrift supervision if they dont remove the card and inq from my credit report.  Dont even think thats legal.
Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

wow!!!  my hubby had a Dillard's card when we got married many years ago... I immediately put about $3K on it... lol  Then we found out that the payment was something like 10% of your balance!!  Needless to say, we got rid of it... I don't know why there is an inquiry now.

Jennifer Z
Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

jenna4now2 wrote:
wow!!!  my hubby had a Dillard's card when we got married many years ago... I immediately put about $3K on it... lol  Then we found out that the payment was something like 10% of your balance!!  Needless to say, we got rid of it... I don't know why there is an inquiry now.

Jennifer Z

They say that this is the way they are starting them.  App in store and you're likely to get a higher limit.

Message 9 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

By the way... what in the world can you buy at Dillard's for $200???  ha ha
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.