Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why CSP?

Why is the CSR not even listed on the website though Smiley Sad 

Message 31 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

VirginAtlantic doesn't even offer the flight between two cities I need ( i tried book with miles with them too).

I think I get it what you guys are saying. I agree MR does worth alot if you have the flexibility on where and when you go. You can wait for great sales. i.e., its a great "leisure travel" saver. If that fits your pattern, MR can worth 10+cpp.

On the other hand, if you use it for work, with alot of when and where restrictions, like I do, Its averaged 1-2 cpp.

Message 32 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

On what website?  Chase’s?  It’s listed there

D21025CD-86D8-45EE-812F-88C3862B9095.jpeg

Message 33 of 61
Remedios
Credit Mentor

My takeaway from this thread...If you apply for CSP, keep it to yourself because it does not have official seal of approval. 

Message 34 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

Remedios - No doubt! What a complete and utter joke! 😂
Message 35 of 61
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

On what website?  Chase’s?  It’s listed there

I think FICOPath (love the name) was just looking at the Featured Cards tab.

CSR is in the Travel tab, as you show. So it's on the website, just less prominently.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 36 of 61
redpat
Senior Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

My takeaway from this thread...If you apply for CSP, keep it to yourself because it does not have official seal of approval. 

If my ink+ goes away so does chase.  Don't get me wrong I spent a ton with them but amex is just better right now.  I don't use united, Hyatt, SW or IHG. 

I felt the same way about amex when the CSR came out.  But amex plat w/ 5x flights, 5x FHR, gold 4x dining & grocery, MR as a rocketmiles option and my switch to Hilton has all my spend seems to go Amex's way now.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 37 of 61
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Remedios - No doubt! What a complete and utter joke! 😂

My take is that the original post/question was asking for reasons one might consider the CSP over the CSR. 

While for many here the CSR is the right choice, as has been pointed out there are some (myself included) where the CSP would, indeed, be the better fit (if I were to get into URs, of course).

We seem to have strayed a bit from that original topic, but in any case while people are welcome to explain their choice to get the CSP if they wish to share, no one should be made to feel as if they are defending their choice.  That's an important nuance that should be respected.

Message 38 of 61
imaximous
Valued Contributor

I think that one of the main reasons is the annual fee in most people's eyes. What I mean is, a person who's not a big rewards enthusiast sees the difference in AFs between CSP and CSR, and just picks the CSP because $450 sounds like to a lot of money to pay up front. They're not thinking about all the benefits and the $300 in credits they'll get eventually, even if they can easily get it back. I'm pretty sure Chase is fully aware of the perceived cost of the 2 cards, and they'll continue to offer options for their different type of customers.

Without going too far, my DW freaked out when she found out how much we pay in AFs in general, and when I told her we'd be upgrading from CSP to CSR, and the new AF. It took some explaining and a while to sink in even though she knows we spend a good amount in travel per year. We get the $300 back just in 3 months of e-zpass tolls. But, to this day, she has doubts about the card and AF.

CSP isn't going anywhere. There's a great market for it because most people don't frequent travel or card forums. 

Message 39 of 61
redpat
Senior Contributor

I keep thinking of this card as the one that comes w/ training wheels.  

Like I said in the past, Chase should have done what Amex did, just make their existing cards better.  They would have saved a ton of dollars by not having a 100k SUB.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 40 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.