cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will redeeming Barclay's rewards possibly cause AA?

tag
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

Re: Will redeeming Barclay's rewards possibly cause AA?

@PlasticOrPlastic wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@northface28 wrote:

CapOne grows, who ever told you that is a liar or doesnt know what they are talking about. I  got a card from them 3 years ago that started at $2K, now its $10k. Sorry if that sounds harsh but the hate/ignorance towards CapOne is out of control.

LOL and it  is warranted .... You have read the amount of hoops people have gone through to Get CLI's?    My measly $500 CL is quite a joke with my Quick silver card considering I have around $30,000 of credit avaliable to me from 3 Chase cards m Discover, 2 Amex card, 2 Citi Cards, Best buy store card and Amazon store card.  Contacting FB or EO office shouldn't be a requirement to get CLI's 

Agreed!  Capital One didn't grow with me after almost 4 years.  I spent almost a month getting a $500 increase on my QS1, I appreciate them for giving me a chance after my BK but as far as growing not a chance.  Barclay and Discover gave me thousands in CLI's after only a few months...I'd never have another Cap1 in my wallet. 

Now to the OP, using your rewards for a statement credit most certainly wont cause AA.  Barclays (and most credit card comapanies) like when you earn rewards/CB and throw them right back onto your bill.  I used my Barclay rewards for statement credits and the only thing it ever got me was auto CLI's!  Go ahead and use that 70 bucks and enjoy your upcoming CLI!

While I think Capital one sucks as a Bank their Quick silver card is decent and earning 1.5% CB on everything is pretty good so the card has it uses ... Just going to be my go to card for purchasing bottles of Water at CVS Smiley Happy

Also Statement credits won't cause AA ...Your paying down your bill which is always a good Thing! 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 11 of 14
Hockeyplayrr
Frequent Contributor

I've redeemed almost $100 in cash back on my sallie mae card.  I did not receive an auto increase at 6 months.  However I think that is because for 3 out of the 6 months I only used my CSP to hit the sign up bonus, which is why I think i never received an auto.

Credit Scores: Equifax - 744 (Oct FICO) | Experian 736(Oct Fico) | Transunion - 755(Oct Fico)

Credit Lines: Diners Club 20k | Penfed Plat Rewards 7k | SDFCU 5k | Amex BCE - 10.5k | Chase Freedom 4.5k | CSP - 10.6k | Discover IT - 9k | Sallie Mae 3.8k | BofA 123 - 4.9k | CITI Double Cash 9.1k | Total Rewards 3.25k
Message 12 of 14
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

You earned them. Cash 'em in! That's what they're for. It won't cause you any problems whatsoever
NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 13 of 14
destine2grow
Frequent Contributor

I say use them if you want or wait it's really up to you. I think you will be fine. good luck one the CLI!

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.