cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will you keep CSP after the 1st year? Why?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will you keep CSP after the 1st year? Why?

Because it's Metal.

That's why the 2 people I know have this card. Lol
Message 11 of 16
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Because it's Metal.

That's why the 2 people I know have this card. Lol

I wonder how often they feel the thrill!  Only when they use it or do they take it out at home and lovingly gaze upon its beauty?

I guess if it often enough, $95 a year is WAY cheaper than many ways of getting pleasure....

Message 12 of 16
driftless
Valued Contributor

It is a great card for me. The bonus was nice but it will be my travel card for the foreseeable future.
CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

They feel the thrill everytime they make a purchase.
Message 14 of 16
vwgrrc
Regular Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

The big value proposition for CSP isn't using them at 1.25 cents per point on the Chase Travel portal.   It's actually transferring them to partner hotels and airlines and using them in their loyalty programs.  Depending on the redemption, it's possible to get much more than 1c per point.    Often people quote around 2 cents per UR, but in some cases 3 or 4+

Then transferring from Freedom helps, but as Freedom is capped, it's not all that significant a source

Can anyone give some examples of UR gets 3 or 4 per point? The best way I know now is transfer to Southwest. Repaid Rewards worth about 1.7-1.8c per point.

Message 15 of 16
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@driftless wrote:
It is a great card for me. The bonus was nice but it will be my travel card for the foreseeable future.

+1

Basically the same on this end. Not only that but the CSP is already cost me the Freedom Card that i reallocated over to the CSP instead of taking an INQ hit for an unknown CLI.

Now with the 5/24 diddle dattle rule and being an only Chase Card, it's still worth holding onto for me.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.