Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WinCo Credit Card

tag
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

WinCo Credit Card

I know they do not accept credit cards, but am wondering if there is a legit way to use a credit card to shop there.

Like a gift card or some other card they will accept that you can purchase with a card.

I recently got an AMEX BCE and would love to take advantage of the 3% for groceries, but on my limited budget, WinCo is about the only place I shop for food. They also carry products I like as opposed to FoodMaxx, who do take credit cards.

Any way for me to use my card for WinCo or am I just outta luck?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WinCo Credit Card

You can buy Winco gift cards online, however not sure if it would code correctly, and they charge $1 to ship it. 

Message 2 of 7
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

@tydawg

Thank you for the tip!

Even if I don't get the 3%, I suppose 1% is better than nothing and plus I would still be showing use on my card by purchasing a gift card.

Gift cards are ok to buy, right? Just not like crazy amounts, I'd assume.

My grocery budget is roughly $200 a month.
Message 3 of 7
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Total80sKid wrote:
@Anonymous

Thank you for the tip!

Even if I don't get the 3%, I suppose 1% is better than nothing and plus I would still be showing use on my card by purchasing a gift card.

Gift cards are ok to buy, right? Just not like crazy amounts, I'd assume.

My grocery budget is roughly $200 a month.

If it costs $1 to ship, make sure you buy a gift card for more than $100 or you will be losing money.   Also, look on sites like giftcardgranny to see if anyone is selling them at a discount (currently everyone seems out, don't know if that's because they are rare or because they are popular!)

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would try ordering a $200 gift card then and seeing how it codes, if you get 3% then your getting essentially 2.5% CB after paying the shipping. If you only get 1% CB then it is not really worth the hassle IMO. 

Message 5 of 7
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

@longtimelurker and @tydawg

Thank you, both!

Will look into it and hope for the best.
Message 6 of 7
w_mcfly22
Established Member

Can OP update. Did buying winco GC work wit the cash back? I’m wondering the same thing but want to use a Discover IT...
Thanks
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.