Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YOU NEED TO READ THIS AMAZING NEWS ABOUT ORCHARD BANK

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

YOU NEED TO READ THIS AMAZING NEWS ABOUT ORCHARD BANK

My Orchard bank card was upgraded to unsecured. They actually graduated my secured card after almost 2 years. I heard this wasn't done so it totally shocked me. They kept the limit the same but wow. I was going to kick them to the curb after we closed on our house but now I'm having second thoughts. I will even ask for a credit limit increase on my drive to work today. Has anyone else been upgraded lately?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
DI
Super Contributor

Re: YOU NEED TO READ THIS AMAZING NEWS ABOUT ORCHARD BANK

Congrats!  Never say never. Things happens.  Keep the charges low, and balance paid in full each month.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow you should go buy a lottery ticket - luck is on your side today! LOL!
Message 3 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats! I remember reading only one or two other success stories in here in my 2 yrs of trolling in CCs. I called them just last month (or July?) to cancel mine and specifically asked first if it can be unsecured and received an adamant "NO!".
Message 4 of 9
manyquestions
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
My Orchard bank card was upgraded to unsecured. ... They kept the limit the same but wow. ... I will even ask for a credit limit increase on my drive to work today.

My Orchard secured card was unsecured a little over a year ago.  They have given me two auto increases since then, every six months.  They doubled the limit the first time and then the second time was only like $150 increase.  So yeah, the Orchard secured card hardly ever unsecures, but if it does you should be able to get increases in line with a regular unsecured Orchard card because that's what you have now. Congrats.

Message 5 of 9
happy0510
Established Contributor

Hi Rich,

Congrats!! Strangely enough I was unsecured exactly at my 1 year anniversary and got a $100 CLI.  The only thing I could imagine was I used it a lot.  I have my netflix automatically deducted from Orchard each month.  I assume they appreciate the activity. 

I started at $200 secured 8/07.  Went unsecured to $300 8/08.  Last month 8/09 I requested and received a $100 CLI.  I'm gonna call every 3 months from now on. All soft pulls. LOVE IT!!

HappySmiley Happy

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: 709
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 9
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Very nice job, OP! Patience rewarded!
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update...I called and recieved a whopping $100 increase. I think I'll keep the card anyway  because it's one of my older cards but I'd love another increase, any suggestions?
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Orchard has a funky policy of giving $100 per day on some of their cards.  (They do on my Platinum MC).

Call again the next day and ask for a CLI, reminding them that you do not want a hard pull.

Call each day until you no longer receive a CLI, then wait 6 months (some people say 3 months) and start the process again.

There's a few threads on these forums where people report their success.  Usually they receive 2 $100 CLI's at a time.  Some people receive more than $100 at a time. I have not received a hard pull (or even a soft pull) doing this.

YMMV.  Good luck!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.