Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zales credit limit decreased

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Zales credit limit decreased

I'm trying to figure out what to do.. I got a zales card 12/2017 limit of $1500. I did have a 30 day late in 06/18. Got everything back on track following month. Just called and they dropped my limit to $150. I have a balance of $142. My question is do I pay to zero balance and leave open or pay to zero and close?? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Zales credit limit decreased

It's not very clear from your post why you're being balance chased, your balance is not outrageous, but I would not close it if you have a use for it.  If you're carrying balances on other cards or too many new apps, that could be the reason. 

Pay it off and see what happens. At least you'll stop bleeding money on interest 

Message 2 of 4
Fico82
Frequent Contributor

also to add that if you let that balance report u get dinged at 95% utilization ! i would pay it off !

Message 3 of 4
3se7ens
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm trying to figure out what to do.. I got a zales card 12/2017 limit of $1500. I did have a 30 day late in 06/18. Got everything back on track following month. Just called and they dropped my limit to $150. I have a balance of $142. My question is do I pay to zero balance and leave open or pay to zero and close?? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

This credit acct. is pretty much ruined for the next 7 years. There nothing you can do at this point,
except wait for it to fall off.
My suggestion is keep it open, use it once every 3 or 4 months, PIF and focus on
increasing your number of accts. so that the Zales card will have a lesser effect on your report and score.

As of 3/2022

EQ.-721  |  TU.-731  |  EX.-708

Top Cards:

AmEx Gold - $10,000 POT. BofA Americard $17,000 NFCU CR. $16,000 NFCU Plat.$15,000 FNBO Visa $14,800

Disco Miles $14,000 Chase FU $13,900 USAA Signature $13,000  PayPal MC $10,000 

Macy's AmEx $25,000 Macy's AmEx (upgraded) $25,000

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.