Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amazon card OR cc ???

tag
bk510
Valued Contributor

amazon card OR cc ???

i need an advice an amazon purchase....

i recently got approve for amazon store card at 700...

i would like to buy new mac mini(base model at 574 at amazon right now).
 taking advantage of their 12 months financing offer.

i guess the q's i have is....will this be a smooth transaction, as i have never purchased anything this much with amaon.(especially puttin it on amazon store card.

i am also thinking bout just go ahead and use my regular CC, but apr is at 24. yep its cap1 card.

any1 purchased a mac from amazon with no issues???

any advice would be appreciated

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
imovinup
Regular Contributor

Re: Amazon card OR cc ???

I have a Amazon store card and I used it to purchase a ipad with 6 months no interest financing. Its a good ideal if you pay it off within a couple of months you wont pay any interest (avoiding cap1 24% ). So far no problems. I plan on paid my balance in full in 3 months. If you don't pay it off in time I think you will get accrued interest plus the balance. It will separate the transaction as a deferred apr in a separate column so you wont have to sweat wondering if they know.

Starting Score: 5/30/13 TU 630; EQ618: EX PLUS639
Current Score: 4/2/15 TU 661; EQ 617; ; EX FICO 631
Goal Score: 700

Message 2 of 12
bk510
Valued Contributor

@imo,

what was your term? 6 or 12 months...

also how much is your minimim per month?

how much was your ipad?

thanks

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 3 of 12
flan
Regular Contributor

The thing to be careful of is that the interest on the store card is only defered.  So if you don't pay it off in the term, you get charged the interest you avoided paying.  So you need to figure the minimum payment as purchase price divided by the interest free term; what ge reports will be less than that amount.  I'd plan on paying it back in a month or two less than the interest free period; four or five months for six months, 10 or 11 for a year.  And don't use the card for other purchases while you're carrying the balance.  One of the common complaints about the card is how GE handles mixed use and payments. 

Message 4 of 12
imovinup
Regular Contributor

6 months term , $25 minium payment and the ipad mini was $504

Starting Score: 5/30/13 TU 630; EQ618: EX PLUS639
Current Score: 4/2/15 TU 661; EQ 617; ; EX FICO 631
Goal Score: 700

Message 5 of 12
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Call credit solutions and ask for $2k.  If you don't get that you should at least double your current limit.  It'll help on the utilixation.  Just be sure who you purchase the computer from and you'll be fine.  

Message 6 of 12
bk510
Valued Contributor

@Boom,

hey boom, i just got tha card less than a month ago, shoot more like 3 weeks ago.

Isnt is too early for asking cli or theres nothing to lose on my end for asking for cli?

Message 7 of 12
bk510
Valued Contributor

@boom,

just called and asked for 2k, like you suggested but no go.....

account not eligible, blah blah blah.....will get a letter in 10 days.

thansk Boom

Message 8 of 12
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

@bk510 wrote:

@Anonymous,

hey boom, i just got tha card less than a month ago, shoot more like 3 weeks ago.

Isnt is too early for asking cli or theres nothing to lose on my end for asking for cli?

You can call, there is another post from today about just getting approved for a Lowe's card today,

that is also GE, they gave them 900 called and asked, bumped to 2500, probably could of got more,

just shoot them a high number, all they can do is say no and counter offer, or just say no!!

And it's the best time to call, after hours!!  Good luck

Edit: Sorry didn't see your post while I was replying, try again 4 months

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 9 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: amazon card OR cc ???

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.