cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex now reporting as open vs revolving?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

amex now reporting as open vs revolving?

Has anyone experienced this? 2 of  3 cra's show my amex as open,my 1st thought was good as I now pif before statement to keep utl low,any thoughts?It hasnt affected ficos yet.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: amex now reporting as open vs revolving?

Which card is it?
Charges cards (Like the Green) should report as other/Open

lightnin67 wrote:
Has anyone experienced this? 2 of  3 cra's show my amex as open,my 1st thought was good as I now pif before statement to keep utl low,any thoughts?It hasnt affected ficos yet.

Message 2 of 8
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

TU and EQ will show your Amex charge as "open" . however, EX will always display it as "revolving"....but in the minimum payment or terms section, display "1month".....which equates to that of an open account because the balance is due within 30days.
Message 3 of 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

FYI to the OP

The current FICO EQ and EX scoring versions do not factor open accounts in revolving utilization calculations while TU does. Since you PIF before your statement cuts all of this will mean nothing...and it's a good thing.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

FYI to the OP

The current FICO EQ and EX scoring versions do not factor open accounts in revolving utilization calculations while TU does. Since you PIF before your statement cuts all of this will mean nothing...and it's a good thing.

It is a charge card,not revolving ,I just thought it odd that they just started after 7yrs,thought maybe it might be due to Fico 08?
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wouldnt this mean I dont need to pif before statement since it is not counted in utl?That would be good.
Message 6 of 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

FICO 2008 hasn't launched yet. While the current FICO TU scoring version does report these as open accounts, it still factors them in revolving utilization calculations. EQ and EX do not factor them though. I know this because several months ago I didn't pay my Amex Gold card before the statement cut and it reported a huge balance on my reports. My overall util went from 7% to 18% and my FICO TU score dropped 31 points.
Message 7 of 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

PIF if you're concerned about TU.

Message Edited by fused on 02-23-2008 05:35 PM
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.