Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

capital one ventureone rejection

tag
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

capital one ventureone rejection

for years and years, i have attempted to apply for this card with the 12.9 apr starting limit and have gotten NOWHERE.... there was a 2 month window in 2015 that capital one was loving me and was willing to offer it to me, but i only applied for the quiksilver card instead because i REALLY wanted that instead. so now almost two years later, and still no luck. i know i am going to hear, "well, you should have pulled for the other card too when the iron was hot." i know.

what gives... i cant get anywhere with them. they're like giant granite stone giants when it comes to allowance. after six years and still NO superprime ventureone card.

my fico is around 790 and i have 240k in available credit.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: capital one ventureone rejection

If you already have the quicksilver why would you want the venture one?  1.5% cash back vs. 1.25% limited to travel

Message 2 of 15
redpat
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If you already have the quicksilver why would you want the venture one?  1.5% cash back vs. 1.25% limited to travel

+1

Also, I notice you have Venture and Arrival+ why wouldn't you move Venture CL into QS and save $59 or close Barclay?

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 3 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

With a 790 and 240k credit available is it really that important to have? Wouldnt it be better for you to have a Venture card if you had to get one? ( no pun intendedSmiley Wink )
Message 4 of 15
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

If you already have the Venture, why would you want the VentureOne? You should be able to cover the annual fee pretty easy with 2% on every purchase. At 1.25%, the VentureOne is not even as good as the QS.

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been watching these boards for years and I remember reading some of your posts from several years ago (you have not been active in a while, welcome back). Weren't you the one that applied for one or two HSBC cards after the announcement that Capital One was buying them just so you could have Capital One cards? And after all that, they stayed HSBC cards?!?!? 

Admittedly, I am biased and I have a soft spot for Capital One. They gave me my first credit card 19 years ago and have treated me well. Having said that though, with your credit..... move on. For whatever reason they do not seem to like you, which is something I really have not seen from Capital One....very strange.

At this point it is more about getting a Capital One card because they have denied you so often; sort of a game.  After the initial sign up bonus, this card and its copycat Barclaycard Arrival pale in comparrison to a 1.5% and 2% cash back card. 

Message 6 of 15
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

its about the game of obtaining a card thats difficult for me to get. also I LOVE the way the card looks.

@Anonymous wrote:

Message 7 of 15
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

@redpat wrote:

Also, I notice you have Venture and Arrival+ why wouldn't you move Venture CL into QS and save $59 or close Barclay?

i did have a venture one but never an arrival+, but the venture one was a conversion from an prior existing subprime account. it ALWAYS had a terrible interest rate of 24.9 no matter what i tried.

Message 8 of 15
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
With a 790 and 240k credit available is it really that important to have? Wouldnt it be better for you to have a Venture card if you had to get one? ( no pun intendedSmiley Wink )

actually if you look at the full benefits, unless you are jetset, the ventureone outweighs the cost per benefit over the regular venture card. even with the promo intro no annual fee included with the venture vs the ventureone, you STILL dont receive 0 percent apr for 9 months or a year when the venture one offers it, IN ADDITION to the no yearly annual fee. also the regular apr is less than the venture. and dont forget you have to spend THREE times as much to only receive twice the intro bonus reward with the venture vs ventureone.

Message 9 of 15
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

@Dalmus wrote:
If you already have the Venture, why would you want the VentureOne? You should be able to cover the annual fee pretty easy with 2% on every purchase. At 1.25%, the VentureOne is not even as good as the QS.

i never had the venture card; i did at one time have a subprime converted ventureone, but it just didnt feel completely satisfying. it might have looked great on the outside, but its paltry limit of 5.4k with a 24.9 percent apr, it completely sucked to me.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.