cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chase/bp card possible to upgrade to visa bp?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: chase/bp card possible to upgrade to visa bp?

Hey I already KNOW.  I grew up in the same house...lol!!!
Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Brammy wrote:
Hey I already KNOW.  I grew up in the same house...lol!!!

Now we can have twice as much fun. When is she coming aboard? Let me be te first to say welcome!
Message 22 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been reading these forums for a few months now and this thread caught my attention.  I decided to sign up for a screen name and offer my thoughts.  I have had a BP gas card for almost ten years now (it was my first credit card I got signing up at a booth in college, started with a $50 limit)and was thinking of converting to the BP Visa since we don't have any BP's around here anymore.  When I talked to the CSR they told me no problem, and only a soft hit on the credit.  I haven't done it yet because I am waiting for some payments to hit other accounts for a score boost so I can hopefully get a higher credit limit.  I was planning on doing it mid-October, I will keep you posted.
Message 23 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is your limit, and what are you going to ask for with the CLI?  I wasn't sure how much to ask for.  If I convert mine to the VISA my limit now would be pretty low.  I started with a $50 limit in 1998, now it is $875.  I have never asked for a CLI they just slightly raise it every year and I hardly ever use it.  Just enough to keep it alive.  I had a couple 30 days late through the years and when Chase took over they made my account history perfect, no lates now.  That was nice of them.
Message 24 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is what they sent me..

Thank you for you inquiry regarding your BP account.

Please be advised that the option to trade your account to
our BP visa card is available. There will be a soft
inquiry made on your credit bureau report.

The new pricing terms will be:

Purchase APR Variable Rate = 18.24% (Prime Rate as
published in The Wall Street Journal + 9.99%)

Cash APR Variable Rate = 24.24% (Prime Rate as published
in The Wall Street Journal + 15.99%)

If you would like us to proceed with the trade request,
please send us an e-mail reply confirming your request.
We will not process the request unless we hear from you.

If you have any further questions, please reply using the
Secure Message Center.

Thank you,

James Vanderslice
E-mail Customer Service Representative
1-800-445-6106

Account is owned by Chase Bank USA, N.A. and may be
serviced by its affiliates.
Message 25 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

RGordon wrote:

What is your limit, and what are you going to ask for with the CLI?  I wasn't sure how much to ask for.  If I convert mine to the VISA my limit now would be pretty low.  I started with a $50 limit in 1998, now it is $875.  I have never asked for a CLI they just slightly raise it every year and I hardly ever use it.  Just enough to keep it alive.  I had a couple 30 days late through the years and when Chase took over they made my account history perfect, no lates now.  That was nice of them.

they sent me a pre-approved letter at work (some of my mail goes there) in january. i think i replied online, then a couple of days later i get a call from a csr. she starts asking questions that i think comes close to a proctilogical exam or amex fr (one in the same so i hear). i think she got the vibe that she was freaking me out (i'd never had that sort of thing happen before, the denials come in a letter) so the call ended shorter than she was likely used to w/o a yes or no from her. next thing i know i get cards in the mail for the bp store card w/a 200cl.

when i spoke to the csr the other day he said my ability to convert w/o a hard pull would depend on my current cl. obviously 200 isn't the break point. i really didn't want to take a hard pull so i didn't pursue the conversion at that point.
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.