Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

citi approval

tag
tbea1004
Frequent Contributor

citi approval

Does any one know if Citi has a problem with multiple inquiries? I have 14 inqiries on Ex, 12 on Eq and 7 on Tu. I have several new account within the last few months and my aaoa is 1.2 years. The prequal site does not show anything for me. Do I have a chance with Citi?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: citi approval

When I applied for Citi DC i have 4 inquiried on EX. I was originally denied but I requested to talk to EO. Got the approval instantly! EO mentioned to me that their computer usually denies applications with multiple inquires automatically. EO shared to call them to manually review fro denied applications. Don't talk to the Customer service coz thay can't do anything about the denial. Make sure you talk to the EO Smiley Happy.... Goodluck!

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved for the Citi Double cash card a few weeks ago. They pulled Ex and EQ. I had 4 inquires on EX and 8 on EQ, all of those being recent. I was instantly approved. Check to see if you have any pre-qualified offers. Oddly enough when I cold apped for the Citi Thank You Preffered Card, I was instantly denied due to recent inquires. Next day I checked to see if I had any offers, got one for the double cash and instantly approved Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's a thread I created today at FICO forum that is related to your question: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Citi-Double-Cash-How-Many-Is-too-Many/m-p/4263825#M1215...

It helps to use the search engine. I use it before I apply for any CC.

Message 4 of 7
Sharingan
Established Contributor

In my experience, Citi hasn't had a problem with 10-12 EX inquiries at the time of the application. That was the case for 4 of my 6 Citi cards and I received instant approvals for them. I did have a 2-3 year AAoA, with my oldest accounts approaching 8 years though.

They do start to have a problem if it's a high number inquiries that are accompanied by an overabundance of new accounts, however. With a 1.2 year AAoA, I would probably hold off, especially since you already checked for prequalified offers. Citi seems to be one of the pickiest lenders; and I still haven't figured them out, even with as many cards with them as I do. 

Message 5 of 7
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

When I was approved for the Citi Premier card last month I had 8 inquiries on EX and 1 on EQ and I had no issues getting the cards.

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 6 of 7
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@tbea1004 wrote:

Does any one know if Citi has a problem with multiple inquiries? I have 14 inqiries on Ex, 12 on Eq and 7 on Tu. I have several new account within the last few months and my aaoa is 1.2 years. The prequal site does not show anything for me. Do I have a chance with Citi?

Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. I believe it depends on the profile too. I had almost 20 when I was approved online. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.