Not applicable

creditone bank

does anyone have one? how are they?
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: creditone bank

Love your name....  From my understanding about creditone,,, they are deeply subprime.  What do your report and scores look like?
Message 2 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I have a Credit One card.  got it after bk so I was excited to get it and the fees are low considering some like First Premier.  I however didn't get the talked about auto cli at first payment!
I have not called in to much, but so far all is good.
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:
I have a Credit One card. got it after bk so I was excited to get it and the fees are low considering some like First Premier. I however didn't get the talked about auto cli at first payment!
I have not called in to much, but so far all is good.

it's for my sister, they give cli when you make first payment? ok when she apply it said approved, but it also said Application In Process Your application is being processed. Please check back for an update.
Message 4 of 18
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I too have Credit One, and also received an auto CLI after first payments. Was approved for $200. DW apped and also got the Credit One Card. Her scores were higher than mine at application time. She was approved for $250, but did not receive the CLI after her first payment. Go figure. One note though, Credit One doesn't allow credit lines to exceed $1000. This card is a good rebuilder only.

Also tell your sister to be patient. It takes them forever to process everything and send the card. It'll be more than two weeks after applying.

Message Edited by llecs on 12-17-2007 10:25 PM
Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also make sure you have a online bill pay from your bank-

They will charge a fee to pay online!!!!

If you send a check they process it as a ACH -

If you were to pay this account by snail mail- you would have about a 7 days (tops) to mail a check to them.
Message 6 of 18
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Timothy wrote:

They will charge a fee to pay online!!!!

Yep. $5.95 to make a payment online. They charge the fee the day after you pay. And you cannot PIF and pay the fee at the same time, so you are always carrying a balance.
Message 7 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Called today asking about why I didn't get auto CLI after first payment. he said you can request or may see it auto every 6 months, didn't really deny or verify that you can get one after first payment but said if that did happen it's something that happens in the computer.
This sounds like my Target card all over again (it's all up to the computer that never seems to hit my account!)
You can also only have 1 CreditOne card.
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like a definite rebuilder to get rid of once the training wheels aren't needed. Of course, training wheel periods are user defined according to their own needs!

Just thought of something, think I will call HSBC and try to close...
Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

they give her $500.00
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.