Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

discover it

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

discover it

i did the "pre-approval" on disco site,  it brought up the discover it card, but doesnt say anything about pre approval or we've found this. etc, etc.

just wondering if this is my chance at disco, or if this is disco playing a tricky hook, line and sinker game.

anyone have any input?

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
JGGM
Frequent Contributor

Re: discover it

Depends on scores and what's in your score. But you'll notice with their pre approval site if you just put in any name etc, it will give you that same message, meaning you're not pre approved. 

Current Score 7-1-21: TU: 812 EX: 805 EQ: 839
Goal Score:ACHIEVED - 800 Across the Board
In My Wallet: Cap1 QS - PenFed Power Cash Rewards - PenFed Promise - AmEx Delta Platinum - DISCO - NFCU Cash Rewards - Chase Sapphire Preferred

Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JGGM wrote:

Depends on scores and what's in your score. But you'll notice with their pre approval site if you just put in any name etc, it will give you that same message, meaning you're not pre approved. 

I don't see any verbiage about being pre or not pre-qualified for the offer. Is this how it has always been? I never used it before.

I talked to a CSR in chat and she said this:

Kimberly
 at 9:43, Mar 4:
Thanks for your patience. You were preapproved because your credit report indicated you met our criteria. We may not extend credit to you if, after reviewing your application, we find you do not continue to meet our criteria.

I almost let the application go through for this research project... but somehow refrained and closed the tab.
Message 3 of 22
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

If the offered APR is a 3% range or less it's a fair chance at approval. If it's more than that then it's not a good prequal.
Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just made this mistake with Discocer. Tried the online pre-approval checked. It said I was pre-approved for the Discover Cash It. So I applied and selected the box to be considered for other cards if denied.

Denied. No offers for the secured either.

Later, someone posted in my thread that their pre-approvals aren't accurate to begin with.

Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

So when I filled out the pre-qualify site, my results were:

"We found a personalized offer for you (Discover IT Cash Back) 13.49% - 16.49% APR after the first year. Is that an example of a fair chance of approval?
Message 6 of 22
jc2
Regular Contributor

from experience with Disc over the last 6 mo's...both myself and DW. If it say "we've found a personalized offer for you" its prequalified. If it says anything else...its a suggestion and a roll of the dice as to approval.

Message 7 of 22
jc2
Regular Contributor

I tried it repeatedly after BK and it always came back with "you make like the following....". Once it said "we have found a personalized offer" I was approved instantly. Same with DW

Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I receive two mailings from Discover per week about the Discover IT card. The mailings never say I'm pre-qualified but give a 3-point % range. However, I am waiting for a dismissed BK to fall off EQ next month before I apply.
Message 9 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Creditmaze, you may very well be approved now as when i finally did get approved my bk was still on my TU. the fact your getting mailers with 3 point spread is a good sign, good luckSmiley Happy
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.