Re: freedom 5% groceries

@mongstradamus wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

boo oh well guess i will have to goto supermarket to max out my 5% quarter. 

@Anonymous GC @ Kroger? Smiley Happy

500 dollar visa GC probably 

Amazingly enough, I am not planning to do this, using it to buy $500 WholeFoods gift cards.   Me, MS?  Never

You think that will probably cause an account closure? maybe i should transfer the 15k signup bonus first then start abusing the card afterwards before they can take away all my points. 

No, it just makes more sense for me (as well as a massive saving of nearly $18!) as these are no fee and I will use, so no liquidation issues.

i just want to get all the spending done so i can still trasnfer to BA with 40% trasnfer bonus, and i can liquidate them via RB loading. I probably will lose an few bucks on it but i think i can make it up on transfer to ba . 

Yes but by liquidating via RB, You can shop at Target and get 5% addtl.

Message 71 of 90
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

Amazingly enough, I am not planning to do this, using it to buy $500 WholeFoods gift cards.   Me, MS?  Never

You think that will probably cause an account closure? maybe i should transfer the 15k signup bonus first then start abusing the card afterwards before they can take away all my points. 

No, it just makes more sense for me (as well as a massive saving of nearly $18!) as these are no fee and I will use, so no liquidation issues.

i just want to get all the spending done so i can still trasnfer to BA with 40% trasnfer bonus, and i can liquidate them via RB loading. I probably will lose an few bucks on it but i think i can make it up on transfer to ba . 

I will have to think this through, i am not going to make an rash decision while i am still po'ed. I should calmly think this through. I was pretty close to downgrading my EDP to ED today. And pretty darn close to just telling the lady close out all my amex accounts. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 72 of 90
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

I will have to think this through, i am not going to make an rash decision while i am still po'ed. I should calmly think this through. I was pretty close to downgrading my EDP to ED today. And pretty darn close to just telling the lady close out all my amex accounts. 

What did AMEX do to you?

Message 73 of 90
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

What did AMEX do to you?

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/amex-bluecash-and-everyday-card-s-amazon-prime/td-p/3734314

Message 74 of 90
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

What did AMEX do to you?

there is another thread about how amex is trying to stiff me on the amazon prime offer for signing up for everyday preferred. They claim the offer was never offered to me even though i have email stating i had convesation back in oct about me qualifying for that offer. That is why i am thinking max out groceries for the MR and transferring to BA for 40% transfer bonus. Then closing out all my amex cards out. 

Message 75 of 90
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

What did AMEX do to you?

there is another thread about how amex is trying to stiff me on the amazon prime offer for signing up for everyday preferred. They claim the offer was never offered to me even though i have email stating i had convesation back in oct about me qualifying for that offer. That is why i am thinking max out groceries for the MR and transferring to BA for 40% transfer bonus. Then closing out all my amex cards out. 

Ah, the same way they stiffed the wife on her PRG bonus.

Out of curiosity, were you instantly approved?

Message 76 of 90
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

What did AMEX do to you?

Don't do it.  Like ltl said, all issuers pull this nonsense.  Sleep on it, talk to them tomorrow, and see what happens.  I bet they honor it.  I would be PO'd too, though.  I want that card and mainly for the Prime.

Message 77 of 90
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

What did AMEX do to you?

What happened with DW and the PRG bonus?  Did she end up getting it?

Message 78 of 90
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

What did AMEX do to you?

yes i was and i hit my min spend for card and received my 15k MR , but they don't want to give me the 1st year free of amazon prime. I know the value is less than 100 dollars for that, but am pissed at them for trying to cheat me out of it, doesn't even matter the monetary value. 

Message 79 of 90
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

What did AMEX do to you?

Don't do it.  Like ltl said, all issuers pull this nonsense.  Sleep on it, talk to them tomorrow, and see what happens.  I bet they honor it.  I would be PO'd too, though.  I want that card and mainly for the Prime.

i told the CSR that was one of the reasons i apped for the card is the amazon prime offer. They are going to "investigate" it , will take 7-10 business days. I really don't have any confidence that they will be changing their stance on it. 

Message 80 of 90
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.