Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help help help. CLI amex question

tag
zerbherb
Established Contributor

help help help. CLI amex question

its not 61 days and the new mac comes out wedensday. what do i do i really wanna purchase this on my own credit line. UGH!!!!!!

;
Discover it 13300 cl nov 2014/ Everyday 26700 k march 2015/CSP 7.5k Feb 2016/ Freedom Unlimited 7k july 207
Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39
jm1991
Regular Contributor

Re: help help help. CLI amex question

wait till you have enough credit to purchase it. Or pay cash

Marriott Premier SV: $8,500 Amex blue sky: $24,000 BoA BBR: $3,900 BoA Cash Rewards: $9,100 Ritz Carlton: $5,000 Discover: $5,000
MyFico Score:752
Message 2 of 40
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

From recent posts it seems like 61 days is no longer enforced.  Your call.  You can see if they'll grant a CLI early.  If not and you can't make the purchase without the CLI then you'll have to find another solution.

Message 3 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

but if you don't have enough credit line to purchase a computer then they may not approve your request. the lower limits are riskier
Message 4 of 40
zerbherb
Established Contributor

2000 isn't a borderline starting amex limit. I gave discover first dibs to impress me, i told them this makes or beaks our relationship and i'm using discover deals either way.

;
Discover it 13300 cl nov 2014/ Everyday 26700 k march 2015/CSP 7.5k Feb 2016/ Freedom Unlimited 7k july 207
Message 5 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@zerbherb wrote:

its not 61 days and the new mac comes out wedensday. what do i do i really wanna purchase this on my own credit line. UGH!!!!!!

Like others have stated, the 3XCLI is a thing of the past with some getting it earlier.  If the mac is a MUST HAVE for you then you will have to come up with some other solution of paing for it.

Barclays Apple card may be another option if you really want it.

Message 6 of 40
zerbherb
Established Contributor

if my credit lines dont go bat for me ill just use one my fathers card. no big deal. Just would've rather done this via my credit report.

;
Message 7 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@zerbherb wrote:

2000 isn't a borderline starting amex limit. I gave discover first dibs to impress me, i told them this makes or beaks our relationship and i'm using discover deals either way.

@zerbherb,

I hope you are just kidding with this comment.  No bank has the time to impress anyone.  Whatever credit is extended to you by any bank will be based on your credit file, income etc...

So set your expectations accordingly..

Message 8 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@zerbherb wrote:

if my credit lines dont go bat for me ill just use one my fathers card. no big deal. Just would've rather done this via my credit report.

All I can say is wow

Message 9 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@zerbherb wrote:

Is that the total of all your credit in your siggy? How much usage have you put on the card already, how many payments have you made, and what is your current balance. 

How much is the new Mac?

I was very careful on my card the first 2 months. I charged about $1000 the first month on a $5000 card, paid it down to $400, let that report to the bureaus, then paid that off and held off going to Costco until my statement closed so I could apply for 3x with a 0 balance in day 61 and I got it. That changed my credit world. 

Just be patient.

Message 10 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.