Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do you get a cap 1 VISA?

tag
annah
Contributor

how do you get a cap 1 VISA?

I keep seeing people talking about their visa.. But how on earth did you guys manage that?

If I go look through the credit card offers, I can see visa, but when I hit the apply button, or whatever, it pops up a mastercard application.

What am I doing wrong?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: how do you get a cap 1 VISA?

where are you applying for it? sure you have the right site?
Message 2 of 5
annah
Contributor

Yeah, I was looking at the cap 1 site.. Unless there's 2 different cap 1 sites? I tried apping through the same site that I use to pay my cap 1 bill..
Message 3 of 5
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Do the pre-qual form and see what cards they offer that are VISA.  You'll get what you app for if approved.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 4 of 5
heirophant
Established Contributor

Anything that has cash back or any type of rewards program is Visa.  Everything else is MasterCard.  Just browse each category or use Card Lab.  It is not important to have one or the other.  It makes no difference on your credit report.  It is up to you, really.  It is whatever works best for you.

Scores: TU (FICO8): 781, EQ (FICO8): 798, EX (FICO8): 788

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: 16,000 | Chase Slate Edge: 8,100 | Bilt World Elite Mastercard: 16,000 | Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature: 8,500 | PenFed Visa Gold: 12,500 | Penfed Pathfinder: 15,000 | Apple Card: 6,500 | Lowe's: 35,000 | Northern Skies FCU Platinum: 15,000 | Kohls: 3,000

Mortgage 11/20
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.