cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how high do credit limits go on quicksilver 0ne

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

how high do credit limits go on quicksilver 0ne

i have 1 at 300 and wondering if it will grow

08 ficos 9/2019 eq 685 tu 704 ex 677
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: how high do credit limits go on quicksilver 0ne

A $300 limit means it may be bucketed and possibly in a credit steps program. Definitely would need more information regarding your scores, baddies, etc. A bucketed card doesn't grow much, once your scores have gone up, most often, it's best to app for another card and combine limits. Generally, that's what most users do once they rehab their scores.

Scores - All bureaus 750 +/-
TCL - Est. $275K
Message 2 of 14
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

thanks ,i have it and a jared card .the jared card is 10 m0nths old never used ,i have 1 collection from lvnv for 236 from 2014 but report showing may 2017.current fico 08   eq 594   tu 617  ex 556   about 6 inqs on each file

08 ficos 9/2019 eq 685 tu 704 ex 677
Message 3 of 14
Highlighted
Established Member

mine started out at 500sl. after 3months it went to 600sl. when the 5th statement cut it went to 750sl. after 1year it jumped to 2250sl. my 1 1/2 years hits next month not really expecting anything as i beleave it is bucketed. credit score is 690 across the board started at 595 when i got it. My BK from 2016 is going to be my enemy for many years to come.

Message 4 of 14
Highlighted
Super Contributor

QS1 is the ultra bucketed of Capital One’s bucketed cards from what I have seen here but whether QS or QS1, you’ll outgrow the card anyway since 1.5% is not the best return rate you can get. 

01/2019:
02/2020:

Closed: CareCredit $10K, B&H Payboo $7500
Hover over my cards to see my limits!
Goal cards: Cash+, Freedom.
Message 5 of 14
Highlighted
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

I've seen QS1 limits in the high four-digits. But this card might also be in a starter bucket that doesn't grow very much.

The bottom line is that because of its fee, the QS1 isn't a keeper card. It needs to be product-changed (PCed) or closed as soon as you can reasonably pull it off. PCs are difficult with this card. The best recommendation is to use the card each and every month. I was able to PC two QS1s after 12 or 13 consecutive months of usage, and a handful of datapoints here indicate that consistent usage helps. The amount of spending doesn't seem to matter as long as the card is used.

@Saeren, I've never applied for a 2% card because none of them are a fit for me. There's either a requirement that I don't want to meet (like maintaining another account) or I've rejected doing business with the bank (Citi, Synchrony).

Message 6 of 14
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Yeah I know what you mean @HeavenOhio. If DCU can’t electronically pay my PayPal, that might be the final nail in the coffin for that card for me and I’ll be back to using my QS for general spend that doesn’t fit into a category. 

I may look at another CU 2% card though like SDFCU — they just don’t have an intro period so I would be throwing away a $200 SUB since I can’t get $3000 spend without revolving a balance but it looks like a good card. 

01/2019:
02/2020:

Closed: CareCredit $10K, B&H Payboo $7500
Hover over my cards to see my limits!
Goal cards: Cash+, Freedom.
Message 7 of 14
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

My QS1 started out at $5000 and reached $8600 and for some reason it hasn't moved in over a year.. I just recently PCed it to the Venture so good riddence..    Funny thing is I cold apped for the Savor and they gave me a SL of $15k

Message 8 of 14
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

My QS1 started off at $300 and then after several statements it went to $500. I'm hoping that it will go up some more in March since it will be a year since I've had the card. If I can't get a decent CLI soon, I'm going to either PC it or combine the CL with the Venture One or Savor One this summer if it gives me the opportunity to do so. 

FICO 8 Scores 12/2017: EX-596; TU-604; EQ-591
Current: EX-648; TU-665; EQ-678
AAoA: 4.4 yrs
Message 9 of 14
Highlighted
Established Member

Capitol one quick silver one data points. Here is some new info for you. I posted this already but updated it with the change from qs1 platinum to qs wmc.

So I got the Quicksilver one 1 1/2 years ago not thinking it was going to grow to much. not that its very high right now but im still happy with the overall progression. I know it's a bucketed card thats why i am shocked. I guess im not real sure what the high end of the bucket goes.

09/17- SL500

12/17- +1OO NEW CL 600

03/18- +150  NEW CL 750(steps complete)

09/18-+1500 NEW CL 2250

03/19-+3000 NEW CL 5250

03/26/2019 upgraded to QS WMC

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.