Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i have a few questions.

tag
Nightfallx
New Contributor

i have a few questions.

okay i have a bestbuy store card, and a citi card. i recently applied for chase slate and only was approved for 400.00$ then applied for zync and people said it's npl. so should i just cancel the chase one before i activate it? or keep it.

bestbuy: 1300$

citi: 5500$

chase: 400$

amex npl

that's where im standing right now should i just keep them all?

in my wallet:
Amex Zync : NPSL (main card always pif)
Discover More: 6,500$ (no balance)
Chase Sapphire : 5000.00$ (no balance)
Citi Thank You Card backed by Amex 8,200$ (no balance)
Amex Blue Cash 21,000$
Best Buy Store Card : 5,700$ (I'm a nerd so used a lot)
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
dalebb
Valued Contributor

Re: i have a few questions.

i would keep um and build up so u can cut the 1's u dont like latter on

Message 2 of 6
CS800
Super Contributor

@Nightfallx wrote:

okay i have a bestbuy store card, and a citi card. i recently applied for chase slate and only was approved for 400.00$ then applied for zync and people said it's npl. so should i just cancel the chase one before i activate it? or keep it.

amex npl

Keep the slate and it will grow with you and at least report a CL.

The Zync is a NPSL card and will help with your credit mix.

Message 3 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@Nightfallx wrote:

amex npl

Keep the slate and it will grow with you and at least report a CL.

The Zync is a NPSL card and will help with your credit mix.

From posts I have been seeing over the last 6 months or so, Chase is becoming like HSBC, some get in early with little credit but most seem to be shot down with not enough history or what not... the ones that slip in get CL under 1k and they don't seem to grow at all... even some have reported going back to chase and taking the hp to ask for CLI for the subprime $500 CL they have on Chase with all other accounts up over 5-10k and are declined or given $300 or something.... but others that start with 5-10-15k seem to see nice auto CLI.  Id give them an oppurtunity to raise it to something useful... like close to your citi and if not Id probably close it or leeave it and let Chase close it for no activity.

Message 4 of 6
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

You've already taken the hit for the inquiry- I'd keep it and SD. Good Luck and Congrats!

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 5 of 6
Switch2007
Contributor

Have you tried to recon on the CL? Chase is somewhat competitive... maybe they'll match your highest card or even go above it... it's worth a try... worse they can do is tell you no right?

Starting Score: 08/01/2009 584
Current Score: 08/01/2011 EQ 684 EX (Lender Pull) 702 TU 712
Goal Score: 780+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.