Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

midcycle update for cli?

tag
megaman1
Regular Contributor

midcycle update for cli?

I recently got a Discover CLI to $3000, but won't report to CBs for awhile. Should I midcycle update, then ask chase and AMEX to match the CL Discover is offering me?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
megaman1
Regular Contributor

Re: midcycle update for cli?

bump..
Message 2 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

You can ask for a midcycle update but Amex does not match CL's -doubt that it would work with Chase either. 

Message 3 of 7
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@megaman1 wrote:

I recently got a Discover CLI to $3000, but won't report to CBs for awhile. Should I midcycle update, then ask chase and AMEX to match the CL Discover is offering me?

Congrats to you...everyone is getting Discover luv but me...Smiley Sad!

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 4 of 7
megaman1
Regular Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

You can ask for a midcycle update but Amex does not match CL's -doubt that it would work with Chase either. 

Would I have a better chance of getting a higher CLI, if any, or higher credit limit if I chose to open a new card?

Message 5 of 7
megaman1
Regular Contributor

@indiolatino61 wrote:

@megaman1 wrote:

Congrats to you...everyone is getting Discover luv but me...Smiley Sad!

Hardpull if you're willing.

Message 6 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@megaman1 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

Would I have a better chance of getting a higher CLI, if any, or higher credit limit if I chose to open a new card?

For Chase? It would depend on your profile, if you have already hit their internal limit and the product. Chase has shown more generosity in their co-branded cards. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.