cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nevermind.

tag
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX - Can I make a payment after due date if not past due?

My statement closed at $0. I don’t have an option to pay in the future either. Could this be why?7563AA66-5D4C-4AD8-A07A-C695AB59AE5A.png

AMEX 30k & 8.3k
Discover 27K
Wells Fargo 23k
Chase Amazon 22k
US Bank Cash+ 20K
Plat 14.4K
Citi Simplicity 9.1K
Loan 8K -> 3.9k
Auto Loan 5.9K -> 1.1K

Message 11 of 18
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@SunriseEarth

But my new statement doesn't start until next week. So how would I be in a new statement period on Saturday?

I must have misread what you said.  I thought it read that your statement closed this Thursday.   In any case, you would be unable to schedule a future payment until your next statement.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 806 (TU08, 6/06/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Disney Premier VS $49600 | Discover IT $46000 | Venmo VS $30000 | Cash+ VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Attune WEMC $22,000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $16600 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $15000 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 | Sephora VS $4400 ~~
Message 12 of 18
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

This whole thread has me confused, and I'm guessing an Amex customer service rep would also be confused.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 13 of 18
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My account is current. I am carrying a balance.

Today is the last day I can make a payment even though no payment is due.

My statement ends next Thursday. It will let me make a payment today but I can't schedule one. Am I right in thinking thinking that I can log in Friday or Saturday and manually make a payment for that day even though it's after my due date?

I just tried asking a CSR and this guy seriously talked in circles and made no sense. All he seemed to want to do was take a payemnt from me or change my due date. My due date wasn't an issue.

You can make a payment any time you want.

Total revolving limits 650200 (530700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 708 TU 714 EX 715

Message 14 of 18
AppHappyTog
Regular Contributor

How old is the account?
I’ve never had issues, in my first 30 days it wanted to only let me make one payment due to being new but I just called and was golden.
I can make payments anytime. My SPG currently shows as -$600 because I’ve paid my pending charges already.
Last month I paid my BCE the day the statement cut and it posted and reported the $20 balance I left on.

Current Scores 4/18: EQ8 645/EQ9 686/TU 664/EX 682
Starting Scores 10/17: EQ 590 /TU 592/EX 560
AAoA: 3y6mo
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the OP is trying to schedule a payment for a week in advance even though his/her current balance is $0. And there are pending transactions. Or there are no pending transactions but there is a balance but the minimum due at this time is $0 .In which case I would think OP can set up recurring payments but would have to make a payment at the time to do so. Im not 100% as I'm a little confused as to the question as well. To me it would seem a lot easier to just mark your calendar that day and pay your bill. Or just pay it now if you have the money, which I'm assuming they don't since they are trying to schedule it a week away .If they do have the money now then just make payment now .I can make a charge on my amex card and immediately make payment while the charge is still pending. Not sure what the OP is truly wanting though . but hopefully this helps .

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, can a mod just close this thread so people stop getting confused and wasting their time trying to figure out something I already got an answer to? I appreciate the attempts to help but I did update that I got my answer so nobody really needs to waste time and energy trying to figure out the riddle anymore. I guess Gregory is the only one who got it.. lol

I don't know any other way to word it than I already did and I already got my answer.

Apparently there is a difference between scheduling one at a future date vs paying at the exact moment you log in as I tried to show in the picture I posted..and this thread is still confusing people. Well, it is confusing and stupid because I've never seen it on Cap1, BOA or Discover.

/End of thread. (I hope)

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I requested a mod close thread per your request. 

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.