cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

please help me plan my big app spree!

tag
keithB
Established Contributor

Re: please help me plan my big app spree!

@johnpalley wrote:

how do i quote posts?

longtimelurker im hoping to get cards that allow me 10-20 thousand eventually. that piece a crap company elan wont even raise my limit above $5500 after all these years. cant wait to cancel that damn card

LOL, you sure have no problem running +90% utilization on "that damn card".

Message 11 of 16
johnpalley
Established Contributor

@TheFate wrote:

I know you don't want to hear this OP but I would not even consider apping with those UTI's... And if you do, don't expect to get low APR's with High limits...

Here's my advice to you

Instead of paying your Elan account down to $0 why don't you aim at bringing the balance down to 20%, use the remaining to bring down the macy's also down to 20%. You'll be short around $300 but I'm sure you can come up with that if you're counting on a huge app spree. I think your odds will be more in your favor by doing this.

Either way whichever you decide good luck to you and keep us posted on your results!

great advice my friend. il make sure i do that

Message 12 of 16
johnpalley
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

I don't know what your elan card is but I can't picture paying that ahead of the 24.50% Macy's account.

I think you are good for discover and probably bofa if they are sending you offers.

amex they have been known to let back in at 8 years, they are okay to apply for whenever, because if you are blacklisted it will instantly kick that back and it won't pull credit... if it pulls credit than you are not being denied for bad amex history!

capital one will give you a card!

chase - check pre-qual as you state

think you should be good with barclay but why ring? especially if you are paying the debt off basically then the ring is not needed.

citi - i don't really get them a lot lately with the computer vs human ability aspect so who knows.

this is exactly why i started this thread! great info creditaddict. to be honest i was scared to apply for an amex the most cause i thought they blacklisted for life. now i know i might have a shot so thats great news. and no hardpull if im blacklisted is nice. i dont use credit cards for everyday spending i use cash. so when i charge something sometimes i pay it off slowly. the lower the apr for me the better

Message 13 of 16
johnpalley
Established Contributor

@keithB wrote:

@johnpalley wrote:

how do i quote posts?

longtimelurker im hoping to get cards that allow me 10-20 thousand eventually. that piece a crap company elan wont even raise my limit above $5500 after all these years. cant wait to cancel that damn card

LOL, you sure have no problem running +90% utilization on "that damn card".

lol for real. it was just at $5400 too i just paid it down some. the bigger my utilization is the more money there makin off me they should be beggin me to raise the limit. clowns lol

Message 14 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Sorry but you lost me on this high util and the CL on this card.... Paying $300 down on your maxed card would get you a CLD after several months not a cli into book depending on your other credit card balances... You can do high util and get cli when they come with high payments too... If you are constantly running 70%+ even after payments while yes they are making money off you they probably won't want to extend more because you are showing you are at the right amount if not to much already.
Message 15 of 16
johnpalley
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:
Sorry but you lost me on this high util and the CL on this card.... Paying $300 down on your maxed card would get you a CLD after several months not a cli into book depending on your other credit card balances... You can do high util and get cli when they come with high payments too... If you are constantly running 70%+ even after payments while yes they are making money off you they probably won't want to extend more because you are showing you are at the right amount if not to much already.

your 100% right and i agree with you but at the same time elan is known for being extremely stingy with credit limits. they had me at $1000 limit for like 4 damn years with perfect payment history. there a joke. they we're my only option for a secured card at the time thats why i signed up with them. in a few im kickin them to the curb 

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.