Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

please sum up all discover dislike in this thread

tag
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: please sum up all discover dislike in this thread

@B335is wrote:
Besides the $15 ShopDiscover still owes me, there's nothing I particularly hate about the card.

I do hate how people refer to it as the IT card when nowhere on the website indicates it should be capitalized. Discovery is another pet-peeve, as is the wrong use of their/they're/there. I'll leave my thoughts their...

Feeling a tad off today? Smiley Wink

Signature needs updating
Message 91 of 195
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@BarryNTexas wrote:

Going forward, everyone please use proper reference to this card and it's brand/trademark, Discover it®

Smiley Very Happy

You sure that's not (tm)?

Signature needs updating
Message 92 of 195
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Lyythine wrote:

I dont have a discover card, therefore, I have nothing to add to this conversation other than a recurring $11 bank transfer, for whatever reason, is just silly.  

@Lyythine,

Agreed.  Imagine if we all start a thread of what we dislike about each CCC, the forum will be something else as we all have our dislikes for CCCs.  Sometimes, it is best to just move on to better things.

Guess we could request an admin to start a stickie for misspellings and another for cards we hate (oh, you were just blowing off steam, I see).

Ya'll know there is a bit of a problem using iPad (my favorite tool), auto correct, and it makes up it's own words, especially if folks attempt to touch type?

Signature needs updating
Message 93 of 195
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@barbaralee wrote:

If the $11 BT was done with the intention of it being a joke, who was it suppose to be funny to? Smiley Indifferent

If I worked for Capital One, I'd be quite amused that my daily pay is being balance transfered from Discover. Smiley Tongue

Cute, so that's why you include household income. Smiley Wink

Signature needs updating
Message 94 of 195
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@juggalo9er wrote:
Just to clarify the purpose of this thread was not to simply nah discover but to put the running theme in one thread.... low credit lines amongst other things

But, but, we have this thing called a thread title, which asks for, wait for it, complaints about Discover (note the capitalized word, for B.)

Signature needs updating
Message 95 of 195
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@barbaralee wrote:

If the $11 BT was done with the intention of it being a joke, who was it suppose to be funny to? Smiley Indifferent

If I worked for Capital One, I'd be quite amused that my daily pay is being balance transfered from Discover. Smiley Tongue

Cute, so that's why you include household income. Smiley Wink

LOL!

You do have to wonder though what the overseas reps who are making $1-2 USD/hr think when they see CL's in the $10K+ range... Smiley Happy

Message 96 of 195
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@juggalo9er wrote:
Regardless I'd anyone else found it funny or not I did that's all that matters. .....I wanted no pity for discover being closed. ....I considered them useless long before that I get 1% from credit unions

Even paypal business debit gives 1%

And sometimes more. I used to use my paypal business debit for everything. And they often autogenerated other offers when you use the card frequently.

Message 97 of 195
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@B335is wrote:
Besides the $15 ShopDiscover still owes me, there's nothing I particularly hate about the card.

I do hate how people refer to it as the IT card when nowhere on the website indicates it should be capitalized. Discovery is another pet-peeve, as is the wrong use of their/they're/there. I'll leave my thoughts their...

Feeling a tad off today? Smiley Wink

Not really, I'm fine. Just speaking my mind about what I dislike about Discover. 

How are you feeling? Smiley Tongue

Message 98 of 195
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Here is one thing which i don't think was mentioned: I dislike the fact that Discover doesn't have a variety of products. It is the reason I never applied for their It card. 

With chase for example, you get the Freedom to build a relationship with the bank, and then you have the option to get sapphire, hyatt, southwest etc. 

Similar situation with citi, amex etc. 

With Discover, you get the It, then you have the It. End of the line. 

i tend to agree with you on the lack of products. The business model at discover is an interesting one, only offering one "real" card but i dont think they do anything special compared to ther other credit card companies. If your really only gonna offer one product you better damn well make sure its a good one. Heres my bad analogy, look at Pepes pizza in CT. They offer one thing on their menu, pizza, but you know what its the best pizza in the world so theres no need to offer anything else besides different toppings of course. Discover does nothing to stand out. I think they should start by giving more than 1% back on all other purchases. With citi double cash and cap one QS offering more why would i ever use my IT card when its not a bonus category time? Discover has no AF big deal. They are supposed to have great customer service, i think chases is much better. Discover will never had a bonus onto your account. For example, if you applied for a IT card today and tomorrow they offered 150 cash back for 750 spend they wont give it to you. Chase on the other hand would give you the bonus in a second. Free fico score big deal barclays gives me that. If discover wants to stand out they should offer:

1. all three credit scores

2. at least 1.5% back on all purchases

3. a yearly spend offer 

4. the ability to just apply for the secured card

5. Always offer a sign up bonus 

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 99 of 195
chwebb1
Established Contributor

I personally like my Discover card a lot. I've had it for around 1.5 years, and although I wish they were more generous with credit limits (I'd be very happy if they'd give me a CL of $5000), and better with APRs (I'm slowly working mine down, started at 18.99%, now 17.24%), I love their customer service reps. I also calculated it up, and I made a little over 3% average cash back on my purchases last year, which I think is great! I personally plan to keep my Discover card for the long term (assuming I'm able to get the APR down over time and a CLI here and there). Otherwise, I have no real complaints.

photo NUS000000180_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo DISCOVER_IT_LG.gif photo card_1.png photo night-launch.png photo NUS000000012_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo bankamericard-better-balance-rewards-credit-card-small.png
$15000 ........... $12500 ............ $11750 ............ $10000 ........... $9400 ............ $5000 ............. $5000
In the Garden until at least November 2015
Message 100 of 195
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.